Best answer

Post items from RSS feed to a Facebook Group

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to automatically post news items from an RSS feed (on website X.com, let’s say) to a Facebook Group I own.

I have it working to a point.  It actually runs when a new news item is published on X,com, and a post gets made on my FB Group.

However, the link in the FB post is not a link to the new news item.  It’s a link to the feed address, which is what I entered as the link URL in the Setup Action section.  And when I click on it, I just see the raw XML file for the RSS feed.

I suspect it has something to do with how I am specifying the Link URL.  (?).  There’s an option there to “Insert Data”.  but I’ve played with that and still get nowhere.

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 March 2021, 05:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rcashin 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rcashin

This should be a dynamic value mapped from the trigger step for the article link using the ‘Custom’ mapping option.

Make sure to the trigger step, which should return a data points from the RSS feed that you can then use to map to the actions steps.

One of those data points should be a “link” to the article from the RSS feed.

Example:

Userlevel 1

Wow, thanks Troy; even though I wasn't sure I even understood exactly what you meant. (I was thinking I was "hard coding" a specific article, but it appears to be working.)

Really appreciate the help. 

Userlevel 1

Here are screenshots of the trigger and action setup.