Post from FB to Linkedin with images

• 26 August 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to post from FB to Linkedin with images, having trouble with the set up.

Anyone have a good example for this please?

Thanks!
JF

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there @John Francis! I hope you don’t mind that I moved your post to a new thread - it’ll be easier for you to get some help if we can focus on your question specifically!

To get us started, could you walk us through your steps a bit more? What’s the trigger for the Zap? What action/s are you using right now and where are you having trouble?

Userlevel 1

OK thanks - trigger is a post from Facebook - new post to timeline

All setting on the FB side are easy

Then it’s moved to LinkedIn - Create share update on LinkedIn

Account is picked no issue

The CHALLENGE comes from the “Customize the update” settings.

Really just trying a direct transfer of the post text and image, no changes needed.

Problem seems to be the IMAGE setting, the image dos not come over

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!
JF

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

You need to download the image for example to dropbox and get it again from there or upload it to a CDN. 

Userlevel 1

OK thanks, understood.

I set up google drive to download from FB the image, and then upload to Linkedin, having trouble with the upload from google drive to  linked in portion of the zap - what is the proper “content image url” to have this work?

Seem to be getting THIS below error each time I try something else… 

The share update could not be sent to LinkedIn.

The app returned "com.linkedin.content.common.ResponseException: To scrape article, URL must be passed in : {ugcOrigin=API, lifecycleState=PUBLISHED, visibility={com.linkedin.ugc.MemberNetworkVisibility=PUBLIC}, specif...". Show details

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Well we need more details and maybe need to have a look into the account of the LinkedIn presented links.

Userlevel 1

OK thanks  - I appreciate the help! how can we do that? maybe a zoom with screen share?

I have a zoom account, let me know what you suggest please. Thanks! JF

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @John Francis!

One thing to make sure of is that if you’re trying to map a field that contains an image link, that the Facebook post itself is a photo post:. You can see that in the sample data step of your Facebook trigger step:

Once you’re sure it’s a photo post you can look for these fields from Facebook:

Can you give that a shot to see if you can get it working?