Best answer

Possible to trigger on WooCommerce cart abandonment?

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Do you know what is the trigger for cart abandoment in woocommerce for Zapier?
Is it “order cancelled”?

I would like to connect woocommerce to my mailing system, so that I can send an offer email to people who abandoned their cart.

Just wondering if “order cancelled” is the right/best trigger for this…?

The problem with “order cancelled” is that in my shop I see people cancelling the order many times (they probably try different payment gateways to see which one they actually wanna use or something :D ), but then they finally buy the product.
So obviously I would want Zapier to work when they actually DO NOT buy the product in the end..

So is there a better trigger?
Or do I need to create a system where zapier uses “order cancelled” trigger to move the person to my mailing system.. BUT if the person then buys the product, zapier removes that person from the mailing system, so that they won’t receive the offer email? :)

Any ideas?

Thank you :)

icon

Best answer by SamB 14 October 2021, 14:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @saara ,

Unfortunately WooCommerce does not has open API’s/Webhooks for Abandoned Cart. New cancelled trigger is incorrect because this event triggers  when an order is cancelled. 

I found this article on Zapier website that says this should be possible with woocommerce:

https://zapier.com/blog/how-to-use-zapier-to-recover-sales-organize-operations/

(in the text it says it should be possible with woocommerce as well)

But if now, what would you recommend for woocommerce?

To use a separate plug-in for abandoned carts?

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@saara Check for WooCommerce plugins that offers Abandoned Cart recovery. Also If they have API’s/Webhooks, than you can easily build a Zap with Webhooks by Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @saara!

@jayeshkumarbhatia is correct. It’s not currently possible to trigger on abandoned carts with the WooCommerce integration. It looks like that article was written by a guest writer, so they may not haven been super familiar with the WooCommerce API and its available triggers at the time of writing.

We do have an open feature request for this though so I’ve added your vote to that. I don’t have an ETA I can share on when it would be possible to trigger on abandoned WooCommerce carts but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is! :)

In the meantime, if you’re able to get email notifications sent to you when there’s an abandoned cart you could use an email parsing app like Email Parser by Zapier to trigger on those email notifications instead. More details on how to work with Email Parser can be found here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails

Hope that helps! :)