Question

Possible to enter search string to filter ConnectWise tickets by instead of selecting previous ticket?

• 30 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I wanted to attempt to create a Zap that looks for a specific string of text in new tickets on a specific service board and then perform an action. 

Based on the above, I created a trigger, well I should say attempted. I can select the board from the drop down list, but when attempting to use the “Specific Service Ticket Filter” section, it is listing EVERY ticket we’ve have in CW starting from ticket #1. Typing terms in the search box returns no results unless the term was found in the initial set of tickets loaded by Zapier. I had to click on the “Load More” button over 30 times to find any additional results. Seeing that we are on ticket #798202 currently, it would take me approximately 4 days of continuously clicking on the “Load More” button to potentially get to the the new tickets that are being generated. 

My question is the following: Is there a way to just type in a string and have the Zap use that instead of having to select a previous ticket?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DigitalDave 

Try using a Filter as Step 2 in your Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Perhaps post screenshots of you Zap to better convey context of the issue.

Ahh! That should work out just fine. Just started using Zapier so I’m definitely a noob at this. Thanks!