Best answer

Possible to create an ActiveCampaign contact and add a note to it in the same Zap?

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to create/update a new contact AND add a note to the contact at the same time? I am zapping from Webflow (WF) to ActiveCampaign (AC).

Both options are available as actions, but the add note action requires a list ID which I access from the WF form submission or AC create/update contact options.

icon

Best answer by EthanGlessich 7 October 2021, 12:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EthanGlessich 

Yes, Zaps can have multiple action steps.

You’ll have to specify the AC List you want the Contact added to if a new contact is created.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone.

Perhaps I am missing something, but there is no way for me to access the AC List fields from the drop down in the Add note action. 

Note, the List has already been added to the Create/Update contact prior action.

This is what I see:

Screen 1
The List ID doesn’t display our lists. These lists were used in previous action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EthanGlessich 

Are you able to manually select a List from the dropdown, instead of dynamically mapping from a previous step?

Perhaps select the AC List that is functioning as your MASTER List, since every AC Contact has to be in at least 1 List.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @EthanGlessich , Can you  copy the list id value from Action 2 and paste in Action 3? I believe that should solve your problem.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for trying to help @jayeshkumarbhatia. Unfortunately copying the list id value from Action 2 is not possible as there is no list id which appears in action 2, just a list name which is selected from a drop down field. I have tried adding the list name to the list id field but it doesn’t work. I’ve escalated this problem to Zapier Support.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @EthanGlessich , The list ids are numbers below list name. Check in the below screenshot. You can copy any number from list and paste in Action 3 to create a note.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @jayeshkumarbhatia. I just presumed those numbers were a count of contacts or zaps. Unfortunately, adding the number you highlighted does not attach the note to the zap. :-(

Userlevel 1

I eventually figured it out. There are two different contact IDs which need to be used for Action 1 and Action 2. In Action 1 the contact ID needs to be the users email address, and forAction 2 the contact ID needs to be “contact Id of the user added or updated”. Using the email address for both contact IDs was creating the problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @EthanGlessich , Can you share screenshots with me  of the input fields of Action 3? Also on testing the action what response did you receive from Zapier? 

Userlevel 1

@jayeshkumarbhatia thanks for you follow-up. The issue resolved now. See previous comment. From the time stamps it looks like we were writing a message at the same time.