Best answer

Possible to create a Zap that sends me the contents of particular Tweets via SMS?

• 8 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Twitter used to have a feature that sents the contents or specified users’ Tweets as SMS text messages.  That feature has been disabled.  Am I able to create a Zap that accomplishes that same task?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 12 August 2020, 01:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bodotdot!

You could use this trigger for the Twitter integration:

Then for your action you could use our free SMS by Zapier app to send yourself a text message with the contents of the tweet :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks--I think I was able to set that up.  I set up a Zap to send me an SMS text containing the Tweet of a particular user.  To test that Tweet, Zapier grabbed the Tweet from a different user and sent me that.  I’m guessing that was just for testing purposes.  The other issue I’m wondering about is the NUMBER of times I’m allowed to use this. I think each instance of this Zap is considered a Task, right? This particular Zap limits me to 15 SMS messages an hour...but as a free user I’m limited to 1000 TASKS.  Is that 1000  Tasks PERIOD, or 1000 tasks per month or year or something like that?  What happens when I reach the 1000th Task--is that the absolute end of my Free plan, or is there a time period associated with those 1000 Tasks?  Thank you for any help you’re able to provide.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bodotdot ,

Glad you were able to get your Zap set up! 

Under our Free Plan, users can use 100 tasks per month. Should you use up all your Tasks in a given month we’ll hold your Tasks until you upgrade or your monthly usage resets. You can find more information on our plans and associated tasks here: Zapier Plan Pricing!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

So glad this is working for you!

One of our writers noticed this feature was going away and put together a blog article that walks through how to set up this Zap and suggests a few others that could be useful.

Twitter shut down SMS notifications. Here's how to keep getting them.