Best answer

Podio Zap runs then deletes the phone number and email fields in the item

• 21 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I have Zap, that upon changing a category field called “Create Google Doc” to “Yes” from any other option such as “Not Created”, it creates Google doc using fields in the item and a template stored on Google Drive.  It hen does an update step to insert the link to the Google Doc into a filed titled “Google Doc Link” and updates the “Create Google Doc” category field “Yes” to “Created”.

However, when the update item step runs and does what I am asking it do do for the “Google Doc Link” and the “Create Google Doc” fields - it also erases all the phone number and e-mail type of fields.  The previously existing values on those filed type just disappear.

I notice in the Zap update item step, the phone type and email type are pre-populated with their original value even though I am not updating the related Phone number Email - leaving in the Zap.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 February 2021, 20:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@karljames 

The related topic indicates there is/was a known issue (bug) with the Podio integration, but unsure if there’s been a fix released yet.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Thank you @Troy Tessalone for the cross reference.    I read through that and it does appear to be related topic.  I just didn’t not (or recognize) a means to resolve it within that topic discussion, either.  Oh well, I am brand new to Zapier and I’ll keep trying “stuff”, looking around and and eagerly awaiting additional insight from others and the Zapier team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @karljames 

Check out this related topic: