Pipedrive to Asana Zap

• 9 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all.

I am trying to setup a zap that basically does this.

Pipedrive - Deal =won

Zap to Asana

Asana - Create new project with (deal from pipedrive name)

Create subtasks for above project,

I have no real understanding on how to do this other than the above flow.

I have a full list of the subtasks I want to add as well as the new project deal name, the location and the team, but I do get a bit lost when trying to work out all the additional nuances.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bretkennedy ,

Happy to help! The best place to start with this workflow is to check out the below integration article.

It will guide you through setting up the above zap using Pipedrive's "Updated Deal Stage" or "Deal Matching Filter" as the Trigger and Asana "Create Project" or "Create Subtask" as the Action.

Connect your Pipedrive to Asana integration in 2 minutes | Zapier

Let us know how it goes and if you have any further questions!

@Liz_Roberts (or others) I could use some help here.  I am new to PipeDrive & Asana.

I see how I can CREATE a tasking Asana from an activity in PipeDrive.  What we want, though, is to CLOSE a task in Asana when the PipeDrive activity that created it is closed.  It seems like this would require a step to FIND the associated task in Asana before closing it.  (Hard-coding a specific task in Asana to close is useless, as this needs to be generic.). is there some way to do this in Zapier?

Kermit

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bretkennedy - That’s a great question! I’m afraid at this time, we don’t yet have the functionality you’re looking for. As an Asana user myself, I’ve often wanted to create new projects, tasks, and subtasks from a template, but this isn’t possible at this time. I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf.

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Liz_Roberts (or others) I could use some help here.  I am new to PipeDrive & Asana.

I see how I can CREATE a tasking Asana from an activity in PipeDrive.  What we want, though, is to CLOSE a task in Asana when the PipeDrive activity that created it is closed.  It seems like this would require a step to FIND the associated task in Asana before closing it.  (Hard-coding a specific task in Asana to close is useless, as this needs to be generic.). is there some way to do this in Zapier?

Kermit

Hi @KermitGMan - It looks like we don’t yet have the FIND associated task to mark it as completed. I did find that we have a feature request for this functionality, so I’ve went ahead and added your name to the wish list. That does a few things:

- Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
- Help track interest in this feature being implemented
- Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!