Best answer

Pinterest error: "Failed to create a pin on Pinterest." -The app returned "invalid parameters."

Hey, I have created a Trigger: new item in feed in RSS by zapier.

the Actions are the social accounts like face book and twitter.

My Pinterest account will not connect.

its saying “Failed to create a Pin in Pinterest

-The app returned “invalid parameters”

I need help in connecting Pinterest to Zapier please!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 May 2022, 15:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Seeking Help 

Good question.

Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-pinterest-zapier

If the issue persists, then you can open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Seeking Help, let’s see if we can find you some help!

Generally, if a Zap says ‘invalid parameters’ it means that the app received a type of data that it wasn’t expecting (eg it got a word in a field that should only have numbers). Could you share a screenshot of the Pintrest Step of your Zap, showing what you’ve put in each field? We might be able to see what the trouble is from there. 😊

Screenshot - invalid parameters

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ilan316!

Thanks for the screenshot, that really helps!

For the ‘Image’ field, you need to use only the url of an image, which in the case of the screenshot that you share would be this:

To get just the url for this step, you can use Formatter by Zapier. Add a Formatter step before you pinterest step and choose the ‘Text’ option. For the ‘Transform’ dropdown, choose ‘Extract URL’

Put the data that’s in the ‘image’ field in your screenshot into the ‘Input’ field in the Formatter step. When you test the Formatter step, it should pull out just the url of the image. Then, in your pinterest step, add the output of the Formatter step (the url) into the image field. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Done according to user suggettion.

output shows image URL , but the issue continues

moving on to Pinterest after the above suggestion been made.

test & continue gives error  >»  

Failed to create a pin in Pinterest

The app returned "Sorry, this image is broken. Please pick a different image.".

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Great work on setting up the find html step, that has pulled exactly what we needed to!

To make the Pinterest step work, you need to add the output of that Formatter step into the Image field in the Pinterest step. From your screenshot, it looks like this is currently set to the description field from the RSS feed. 

Give that a go and see if it works!