Best answer

Paymo to SmartSheet zap

• 19 February 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 3

Want to send "new time entry" to Smartsheet as new row.

Having trouble with "Custom Value for Project ID"

I would like to filter by Project ID / task but do not know how to code it in... if I copy the html it does not work, if I just put in the two ID numbers with a space, comma, slash none of it works. Is there a way to filter or do I have to filter on the smartsheet end?

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 April 2020, 19:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @lizcarm1009

With "Custom Value..." fields, you need to input only one value, representing the ID of the project you want to do something with.

This might help you:

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-zaps

Can you send some screenshots of how you've got each step of your zap currently setup and we can try and guide you.

Userlevel 3

Yes in Paymo, it has heirarchy of project / task list / task. I would like to export time entries under specific tasks to smartsheet. I can do it per project no problem, but wondering if there is an ID to send just the task time entries. If I put in 1640255 the zap works, but I would prefer to extract time entries from

screenshot1.png the page in the screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@lizcarm1009

Can you send a screenshot of how you have your zap setup so far.

Userlevel 3

screenshot2.png

Userlevel 3

this works when I just go to the project, but not sure if it would work going to the actual task or how to format it

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@lizcarm1009

So, you can't specify a specific task ID in the trigger, but you can have it trigger on all time entries in that project then use a filter step to have it only continue running for specific tasks.

Userlevel 3

Thanks Andrew, could you be specific on how I do the filter step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Do you have a list of all the task IDs you want to trigger on?

Userlevel 3

Yes I do

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

So, add a filter step after the trigger.

In the left hand field, you want to select the "Task ID' field from the trigger.

The filter type should be "is in".

In the box on the right, you should list all task IDs you want to filter for seperated by commas.

Userlevel 3

I am not seeing where I add the filter step, I do "Customize Time Entry" and then after the "Customize Value for Project ID" it just goes to Test and continue

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Click the + button below your trigger step - then select 'Filter":

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 20.33.39.png

Userlevel 3

ah I found it! Thank you, giving it a test run now...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

ah I found it! Thank you, giving it a test run now...

Hey @lizcarm1009 - Could you share with us how it went for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just popping in to summarize the answer here!

• With "Custom Value" fields, you need to input only one value, representing the ID of the project you want to do something with.

More info on how to use custom values, here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-zaps

• Specifying a specific task ID in the trigger isn’t possible, but you can use a Filter step to only trigger on specific task IDs by selecting the "Task ID' field from the trigger, choosing the "is in" filter type, and then in the box on the right, list all task IDs you want to filter for, separated by commas.