Question

Payment Status change awaiting to paid in xero invoice

• 30 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Team,

Please help for change payment status awaiting to paid in xero invoice.

I have zap create formidale to xero sales invoice but i need to change payment status.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@barney Is this similar to the question you posted here: 

Are you trying to create the Xero invoice with a certain payment status? Or do you want to change the payment status of an existing Xero Invoice?

Userlevel 1

Hi @PaulKortman We are trying to create an invoice with a paid status as we have taken payment on the formidable from using the stripe plugin. 

They are being created but are showing awaiting payment. 

When looking at the fields available to update on the Xero side we do not see the invoice address field or a field related to payment status. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@barney those details help me to know exactly where the issue is! thank you!

A couple of questions to test things out. Does Xero pull the contact’s address for an invoice? Can you test this by first creating a contact (from Zapier) with an address, and then specifying that contact for the Xero Invoice when it’s created via Zapier? 

I took a quick look at the Xero API documentation which gives us some insight into how Xero’s Zapier integration works. specifically, it says:

By default, the address applied to an invoice will use the postal (POBOX) address of the Contact. However, This can be changed in Xero by applying a custom invoice template. It is not possible to manually override the address on a per-invoice basis.

As for changing the status of an invoice to paid, that can only be done in Xero by first creating the invoice and then by creating a payment in Xero. 

I discovered that on the same API Documentation page where it says under the status of “Authorized”

• You can now apply payments to the invoice
  • Once an invoice is fully paid invoice the status will change to PAID

Let me know if that helps or not

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @barney! We just wanted to check in here to make sure you saw Paul’s response with some next steps to try out. Let us know how you’re doing with this - we want to make sure you get taken care of here!