Best answer

Pass Reporter Name to Jira

• 11 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We have built some automation into Formsite (www.formsite.com) that includes sending automated emails to our Jira queue based on user inputs into the entry form. Currently, these tickets are being sent to the queue via email from Formsite, which means the reporter is entered as Formsite instead of the front-end user.

To address this, I want to integrate Formsite → Zapier → Jira to pass the information directly into the queue rather than sending an email from Formsite. However, when building the integration the “Reporter” field doesn’t show up as an option to pass data into, and when I test the flow my name shows in the reporter field because the flow uses my Jira account.

Is there a way to pass an email address or name into the reporter field in the Jira queue as part of this integration?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 13 August 2020, 01:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @vszaps!

Would you be able to confirm that you’re using Jira Service Desk, and trying to set the report on the Create Request action? Based on what you’ve said, that seems very likely. If so, that feature is not available at the moment, I'm afraid. It's something other users have asked for so I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. 

Atlassian owns and updates that integration so it may be worth it to reach out to them and let them know you'd like to have that feature added :)

They do have access to the feature requests in our system but it always helps if they hear directly from their users as well.

Userlevel 1

This zapier integration basically can’t do what we need fundamentally which is to establish the reporter when creating a queue. Otherwise the reporter name is bound to the authenticated JIRA user that Zapier is using. So the reply to customer feature also appears to not work. Kind of a broken integration.

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard Atlassian owns and updates that integration so it may be worth it to reach out to them and let them know you'd like to have that feature added :)

I have talked to Atlassian. This is a two step process which needs to happen behind the scene (as it happens when any customer sends email to JIRA Service Desk). 

First step is to search Customer data base to get the ID for that email address or create if it doesn't exists.

Second step is to create JIRA ticket using this customer ID (not the email address).

According to Atlassian they have those APIs available and integrators (in this case Zapier) should implement it.