Best answer

Pardot - Updating a prospect from Drift

• 12 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi!

We are developing a Zap where we want to create (or update) leads from our Drift chatbot into Pardot. What we have been doing so far is to use the “Find or Create Prospect in Pardot” feature, which works really well for creating new ones,

However, when it comes to prospects that are already in Pardot, we haven´t found a proper way to update them. Zapier says that they have indeed found a prospect in my Pardot account (as I show on the screenshot attached here).

The problem is that when we want to update the prospect that Zapier has just found, we don´t seem to find a proper way to match them:

We´ve tried the “Custom” tab but we can´t find a way to choose the prospect we just found on the previous step of the Zap. Any thoughts or ideas on this will be highly appreciated.

This post has been edited to remove private information from images. Please be careful not to include personal or private information in your Community post. 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 16 September 2020, 11:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Xertica

For updating a Prospect, if you select the Custom option and then choose the ID of the prospect found in the previous step, that should allow you update the prospect that the Find or Create step found. 

Generally, if you’re using a custom value to update something, you’ll need an ID, rather than an email or name. I hope that helps!