Best answer

Outlook: Change which email address an email is sent from

• 31 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have managed to connect Outlook to Airtable with Zapier so that I can send emails directly from Airtable. But these emails are getting sent from my Gmail address (which I used to register for Outlook). 

Can I change the email address that these emails are sent from? There are multiple email addresses linked to my Outlook account that is registered to my Gmail.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 April 2020, 14:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Justin - thanks for your question!

So that we can get an idea of the best place to start, could you let us know what your Zap looks like? What are the trigger and action/s? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

i - New Record In View Airtable

1a) Choose App = Airtable

1b) Choose Trigger Event = New Record in View

2a)Airtable account = Airtable

3a) Base = My Co. Base

3b) Table = Interactions

3c) View = Email from Airtable

ii - Send Email in Microsoft Outlook

1a) Choose App = Microsoft Outlook

2a) Choose Action Event = Send Email

3a) Choose Account = Microsoft Outlook account: jg*****er@gmail.com

*** This is where the problem lies. I cannot figure out how to change to another email address? All of these triggers that I am creating are sending emails from my Gmail address. How do I change it so that I can send emails from any of my other email addresses? There are multiple email addresses linked that that account. ***

4) Customize Email = … as required. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Justin Thanks for your reply and I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

You mentioned that there are multiple email addresses associated with that account, could I ask if they are email addresses in or for a Shared inbox? If they are then I’m afraid that the Zap wont be able to access them. If they’re not and they are other email addresses that you own specifically (and are not shared with anyone else) could you let me know? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers, yes these are email addresses that I own. Some other employees also have access to these email addresses though, but read-only. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the extra details! The trouble here is that the Outlook Send email action doesn’t allow you to select a ‘From’ email address.

In the ‘Choose Account’ part of the Zap, you would select your main Microsoft Outlook account and then, ideally, you would be able to choose the email address that you want the email to be sent from in the ‘Customize email' part of the step. That’s not currently possible, though we do have a feature request for that addition. I’ve added you to that request, which helps us to track how many people are interested in a feature and also means that we’ll send you an email if there’s an update. 

I’m sorry that this isn’t possible right now!

I need to send emails triggered through Zapier from an MS Office email address other than the one associated to our Zapier account. However, it does not provide me with the option to select a different email address. Is there a trick please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @JPII Healing Center! Thanks so much for reaching out - I hope you don’t mind but I went ahead and merged your question with this existing one. As my friend Danvers mentioned, at the moment this is’t a supported feature. 

Along the similar line of questions though, is the email address you’re looking to use for outbound emails a Shared mailbox? If so there’s a workaround that was shared here from another user that could be useful. 

There appears to be a work around that should work for most people here. Just go to admin.microsoft.com > Users > Active Users > select the Shared Mailbox > Reset password. Now in another browser or a new ingognito window go to outlook.office.com and login to your shared mailbox with the password you just set.

In another tab, log in to Zapier and go to the Outlook integration and add another connection. It should automatically authorise against the Shared Mailbox account that you’re signed into. Boom! 

​Let us know how if works out for you!

In the meantime I went ahead and added your vote to this feature request and we’ll keep you in the loop if and when it becomes available.  🙂