Best answer

Only trigger specific Smartsheet cells

Userlevel 1

I need HELP!  I have a Smartsheet to Outlook integration set up. Draft email is created when a row in smartsheet is updated. So far this is great, but I have over 200 columns in smartsheet and I do not want any of the 200 cells in one row to be the actual trigger. I know there is a filter option and i can specify a cell in smartsheet. The problem is even though I set up “if there is a date in a particular cell” (lets call it column A) to be the trigger….2 weeks later when  i am updating one of the other 200 cells (lets call it column z) in the same row, it will still look for Column A to be true and create a another email. 

I would like for zapier to see the trigger only once and act on it. Like keep it within a few column like Column A through column D. Hope this makes sense. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 May 2022, 01:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BatmanVCA 

Good question.

This can be solved by using these Zap steps…

1. Trigger: Smartsheet - Updated Row
  2. Action: Filter
    1. Filter for rows that have not yet been processed as indicated by a new column
      1. See Step 4
  3. Action: Outlook - Create Draft Email
  4. Action: Smartsheet - New Row Update
    1. Update a new column to indicate this row has been processed
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@BatmanVCA were you able to find success with Troy’s suggested steps? Let us know - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!

Userlevel 1

Yes actually, for whatever reason i did not notice there was a filter option so once i found it that helped out allot. thank you troy and jesse