Best answer

OneDrive Find File is not finding the file

Userlevel 1

Hi 

I am having trouble with the One Drive integration when its trying to find a file.

Even though I can actually see and open then file in my one drive, the find action will not return the file.

The file name to search for is coming from a previous step so i know it is being typed correctly.

The strange thing is when I and edit the step and run the test, it eventually finds the file after several times 

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or how to stop it from happening

I have even tried putting a delay in for 5 mins to see if it was an issue with the file uploading

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 August 2021, 10:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @RyanEx - are you searching for the file in the right folder? You might want to add an additional step to find the folder and then search for the file within that folder. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nate 

Thanks for that, I had already done that.

Here is my settings

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@RyanEx - if the file exists in the “Email attachments” folder then this should work properly. What does it show in the task history? Are you getting any errors? 

Userlevel 1

@Nate 

Well I am glad I'm not going mad then.

This is the feedback I get from the run history

But yet here is the file visible in both the browser and the file explorer

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@RyanEx hmm… You might want to reach out to support for that one. https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

Userlevel 1

@Nate to be totally honest i think its a glitch as most of the time i run a test i get the the error below saying that variables are missing but they are filled in.

I will see what support have to say, thanks for trying

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@RyanEx - yes, support will be able to take a closer look. Btw, what happens when you hardcode the file name, do you still get an error? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@RyanEx 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 1

Yes I confirm this is not working at all. I have done several test like searching “toto” in a subdirectory. It do not find anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @RyanEx and @planetiss!

I’m very sorry you’re both running into these issues with the OneDrive integration. I’ve been doing some digging on this end and it appears that you’re running into an intermittent issue with the OneDrive Find File action. 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users. While I don’t have an ETA on when this will be fixed we will contact you by email as soon as it is! :)

Hey @RyanEx and @planetiss!

I’m very sorry you’re both running into these issues with the OneDrive integration. I’ve been doing some digging on this end and it appears that you’re running into an intermittent issue with the OneDrive Find File action. 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users. While I don’t have an ETA on when this will be fixed we will contact you by email as soon as it is! :)

Same here...any news?

Thank you

Marco

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @MarcoSagerer! Thanks for reaching out. While we don’t have any updates to share at this time, I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of impacted users. We’ll be sure to keep you and the thread updated once we know more!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your feedback because I’m blocked in my development because of that

Having the same issue - please notify me when resolved. Thank you.

I am having the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @zapster and @noshitsherlock! We’ve added you to the list of affected users.

We’ll be in touch via email as soon as it’s been resolved! :)