Best answer

Office 365 calendar - invite attendee

Userlevel 1

As Zapier updates its O365 integration, I am ‘remaking’ my Zaps.

One thing that we use Zapier/O365 for is calendar management: if someone books a meeting, it is automated that they get a calendar invite sent from my email address. However, in the new integration there is no field for ‘Attendees’. How can I invite people like I used to?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 July 2021, 14:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Awingu 

Might be best to reach out to Zapier Support about this: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Awingu  You can do this with the Offifce365 APP, the outlook app currently lags this API call. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Wemakefuture Can you provide a screenshot of the O365 Create Event step that shows the ability to add/invite attendees? (I checked and don’t see those fields/options.)

@Troy Tessalone - Create Event in Microsoft Office 365 does not have a Field for Attendees. That’s the problem :). We are using Create Event in Microsoft Office 365 (Legacy) until now to realize an automation with attendees but want to change to Create Event in Microsoft Office 365. Is it possible to add these Fields short notice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nawed 

FYI: Most Zap apps are created and maintained by the app developers, rather than Zapier, but unsure whether Microsoft or Zapier manages the O365 Zap integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Awingu!

This sounds like we’ll need to take a closer look at the Zap and the fields that you’re getting for each version of the app. That means that it’s best to contact the Support team using the Get Help form

Hi @Nawed@Troy Tessalone is absolutely correct that the majority of app integrations are owned and maintained by the app creators. There are some that Zapier maintains and the Office 365 integration is one of those 🙂

I just submitted a help ticket on this but with the old O365 integration you had the option to add multiple attendees. It look like with the new legacy integration you cannot unless I’m missing something?

If this is the case that’s a real bummer because we really relyed on that feature to be able to send a calendar invite to multiple people. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Waiting to hear back from Zapier.

Userlevel 1

Any update on this? I am having the same issue of not being able to add attendees to events

Any update on this? I am having the same issue of not being able to add attendees to events

I was told they were working on getting this feature back...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Tyler L. - I can see that our Support Team has been in contact and added you to a feature request for this capability with the new integration. Any updates will be sent to you via email but feel free to respond to the thread you have going with Support should you have any questions!

Also wanted to add myself to the group of people interested in hearing more about updates. I use Zaps for office hour sign-ups, and had calendar invitations not only going to myself, but any additional attendees, and it made remote office hours incredibly easy to coordinate.

I’m curious if anyone has heard any updates on this?  With the deprecation of the Legacy Office 365 scheduled for April 30th, I’m going to have to find an alternative solution as we use both the Attendees field and Categories field in the Legacy connector, and neither seem to be available in the new connector.

I have received no updates and checked today. Still does not look possible. 

@corybrown I’ve communicated to my team that they’ll have to create their own calendar invites for now due to the limitations. 

@Liz_Roberts can you check internally on where your team is at on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi folks! We don’t have an update on this right now, sorry about that.

@ktmbiome  I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

Userlevel 1

This is HUGE for my organization. I will NOT be able to migrate to the new integration if this isn’t addressed. We use this functionality to assign events to various contractors and need to be able to add them to the event.

Same issue here.  We NEED to be able to add attendees to a calendar event in Office 365.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In the meantime, I added a possible workaround in my reply to this post:

You can check that out to see if it could work for you :)

Same here need update please.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Sarit, hope you’re well!

I just added you to the list of affected users. The bug is currently listed as a high priority and we’ll be sure to alert you ASAP once this is fixed.

Please add me to the list of affected users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

I’m pleased to let you know that the "Attendees" field is back in the Create Event action for the Microsoft 365 integration, along with the "Location", and "Categories" fields. 

Thanks for your patience while we added those fields back in and please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi everyone!

I’m pleased to let you know that the "Attendees" field is back in the Create Event action for the Microsoft 365 integration, along with the "Location", and "Categories" fields. 

Thanks for your patience while we added those fields back in and please let us know if you have any questions!

Awesome I was able to add these steps back in and tested it. Looks good thus far. Thank you so much!!! 

Userlevel 1

Awesome! Thanks a lot!