Best answer

Notion New Item in Database trigger doesn't include content of the page

Userlevel 3

Let’s say I want to write my tweets in a notion database and publish them to twitter automatically.

If I write the text of my tweet inside my notion page content, there is no way to retrieve it in zapier. I have an 1. Object Page as show in @Danvers screenshot, in this post but I’ve not the text content of that page which is what I need.

In the end the only thing that can be accessed are the database properties and not the page content, so I ended up creating a property called “text” and then added my tweet text in it, but it’s not really beautiful.

It would be cool to have the possibility to access the text that is inside a page and not having to add a property.  

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 May 2022, 11:36

View original

73 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @pikapika, thanks for describing how this issue is affecting your Zaps and what you’d like to see in the Notion Zapier integration. I can see now that there is a feature request for the addition of the body/content field in the New Database item trigger. 

I’ve added you as interested user for this feature request. This lets the  team know how many people would like to see this addition and we’ll send you an email when we have an update. Thanks!

Please also add me to the list of interested users @Danvers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @brittwalker 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, We’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Hi team - can I also please get notified. This is hugely import for us! 

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @l0wry 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

I would also like to be notified or know if this has been fixed. This is fundamental for me.

Could you please add me as well to the list?
And is there a ETA on this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @loalmeida and @boris.drogja 

I’ve added both your votes for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Wait a minute, you have the option to Create and Update database items, but you can’t add content to the body of the item…?? That’s like having the ability to send someone an e-mail, but you can’t put in any text in it.

Hopefully this get added soon.

Thnx

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @WillemVG 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Hi, 

I’m interested by this feature too. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Stim Account 

Hi,

I am also interested and would like to receive updates related to this feature. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @sammy 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Please also add me to the list of interested users

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @itos 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Please add my vote to this one and notify me too. 👍

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote to this one too and notify me too. 

As someone else said in this thread, the Notion Zapier integration is pretty useless without the ability to pass along the content of a page 😑

Any updates @jammer.solijon on this?

Please add me to this. Thanks! I’m running into the same issue. You can’t return the content of the page or even you use the content to append content (it just replaces the content). 

Please include me on this. I want to be able to send the contents of a database page to be enriched with tools like ChatGPT but can’t.

What’s the latest ETA for this feature? Looks like it’s been more than 1 year since this feature was requested. These types of features, and much more are available on competing products to Zapier. Can we finally get the Notion Integration fully working so we can perform the type of work we’re looking to achieve with the Zapier integration?

Userlevel 1

Hey Team, this is a essential data to pull using Notion database because we have the body content that Airtable and other database tools don’t have. I think Zapier should prioritize it for sure. 

Hi everybody - is there any update on this?

Userlevel 1

Hey @jammer.solijon please also update me! :) thanks

hey @jammer.solijon, add me please :)

I’m trying to send the rows in a notion table to google sheet but any column of type -Page- on notion appears as an empty cell on google sheet :(