Best answer

Notion databases not appearing in trigger drop down menu

• 14 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there, 

I’m struggling to get Zapier to access some databases I've shared in notion. The first time I did it, it worked fine, but having done some tweaking to how my database works, and re-shared it, nothing pops up in the trigger drop down menu when setting up my zap. I’ve also tried creating a new integration, with a new key, but alas the same outcome. Does anyone have any experience of this? This is the final piece of the puzzle before I move the company across from airtable to notion so I really wanna get it sorted!

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by S1mon_OBS 14 January 2022, 16:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Thanks once again Troy,

So after some considerable testing i have ascertained that the API connection with external applications such as IFTTT and zapier only works with native databases created in notion; if i import a CSV, or create a linked database the connection is broken and therefore it is not made available externally. This is not a deal breaker, however my workflow requires me to be able to choose which items are sent to the external software which is only possible via sync'd databases and filters, unless the different views of the database were also made available via the API.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @S1mon_OBS 

Make sure to check out the available help articles for using Notion in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/notion/help