Question

Non-RSS Blogposts

• 5 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’m looking to have new blog posts from this blog posted to discord:

https://www.pokemon.jp/info/goods/

But I’m not sure what app should be at the top of the chain, as it doesn’t have an RSS feed. What would be the best way of doing this? Would I need to make a custom webhook?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ezamoosh!

You could look into something like this, to create an RSS feed from that site. Then the Zap could trigger on that RSS feed. There are other apps out there that can create RSS feeds or track changes on websites. Like Wachete, for example.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ezamoosh 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

@ezamoosh 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Hi Andrew, yeah I do. I tried the above and some other similar services but it seems they can’t automatically pick out the individual blog posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ezamoosh 

It’s a tough one for sure! Let’s see if someone chimes in here with an idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ezamoosh!

I saw this on Product Hunt today. It’s called Dashblock and it looks like it could possibly be used to detect the blog posts. Be warned, the pricing is a little steep, but the pay-as-you-go option might work for your use case :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ezamoosh,

Just checking in to see if you saw Nick’s suggestion here, were you able to get it working using Dashblock? Or did you find an alternative solution?

Please do let us know!