Best answer

No values output from Google Assistant

Userlevel 1

I am trying to setup a zap from google assistant voice input to OneNote.

The following works:

• I can get google assistant to trigger the Zap
    • “Hey Google” followed by “Talk to Zapier” followed by my trigger “add OneNote”
  • In my Zap I am prompted to give a title “What is the note title?” and the note “Whats should the note say?”.
  • My answers to these questions  are discarded and the output from google assistant in my zap is empty. i.e the “placeholder value” in empty
  •  I have verified this trying to create a new note in OneNote and not seeing the “placeholder value” input, and also by email the placeholder values to my self  - again empty.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

KR

icon

Best answer by SamB 6 September 2021, 17:45

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KRIC 

Have you tried turning the Zap ON and testing, then checking your Zap Runs history details?

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@KRIC 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as it looks as though @KRIC contacted our Support team who added them to the bug report for a known issue where the Google Assistant integration not providing values as expected. We’ll be in touch with them by email as soon as it’s been resolved.

For anyone who thinks they may be also running into the same issue, please reach out to our Support team. They’ll be able to dig into your account to confirm whether you’re being affected by the same issue and get you added to the bug report as well.

Hello everbody,

I want to trigger an message with the google assistant. Everything is linked together and it works, but for some reason i cant use the data from the prompt message(see picture for reference). My question is how can i use the data from the google prompt, so i can use the voice data to create an message.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @JoeyQ! I hope you don’t mind - I ended up merging your question into an existing topic.

It looks like you’re running into a known bug with the “New Pushed Voice Message” trigger. 😣 I added you as an impacted user and we’ll email you once a fix is in place!

We’ll also be sure to keep this topic updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in Community! 

Userlevel 1

I’m also having a similar issue except that it does not even reveal to me whether or not my prompt data actually stored any information. I did this after running a test zap as well and it just shows me some basic values but nothing regarding the prompts that I have set up. Below is all of the information available for me to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Bulbapoor - sorry to hear you’re running into this as well. It looks like you are experiencing the same bug. 😔

While we don’t have a workaround to offer, I did add you as an impacted user. We’ll definitely email you and keep the topic updated once a fix is in the place! 

Userlevel 1

I’m also having a similar issue except that it does not even reveal to me whether or not my prompt data actually stored any information. I did this after running a test zap as well and it just shows me some basic values but nothing regarding the prompts that I have set up. Below is all of the information available for me to use.

I’m having the exact same issue. I can’t even manually add {{TextField}} as a value to be captured - could this known issue be due to Google Assistant upgrades perhaps? > https://ifttt.com/explore/google-assistant-changes

I believe that I am having the same issue. I cannot get a pushed voice prompt that contains the response data, so I cannot complete the Zap setup. Will contact support to get added to the issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Alix S @benthom 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users. We’ll send an email once an update is available. Thanks!

im also having the same issue. zapier - google assistant integration appears to be broken. I can execute the trigger and additional prompts for information from google assistant, but zapier doesn’t recognise any of that data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mummified cacti,

We do apologize for the issue. I’ve added you to the list of affected users and we’ll update you via email once available.

I am also experiencing the issues mentioned above… may I be added to the list of affected users to get an email once there is a fix? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @vlerma10 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user, we’ll email you once an update is available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey there, @JoeyQ! I hope you don’t mind - I ended up merging your question into an existing topic.

It looks like you’re running into a known bug with the “New Pushed Voice Message” trigger. 😣 I added you as an impacted user and we’ll email you once a fix is in place!

We’ll also be sure to keep this topic updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in Community! 

yes please , I’m also facing the same issue

I too am running into this issue. Is a fix likely? I noticed this thread was started one year ago...

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Loraine 

We apologize but don’t have any update as of the moment. If you want I can add you to the list of affected user?

Yes please

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Sure thing @Loraine 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I believe figured out a workaround for this (Note… am not a coder or programmer, just started playing around with Zapier last night and really really wanted this integration to work, so this is just trial and error mucking about, but it seems to work)

The issue seems to be that Assistant wont use a test trigger that has the Prompts in there… so they don’t show up on the dynamic content drop downs so you can’t select them. BUT, when you run the Zap (at least for me) Assistant still asked me for the prompts and they showed up in the output of the trigger.

We know those dynamic values will be there when it runs.. but just cant enter them in the fields through the dropdown.

So, you need to get what a dynamic value looks like in plain text to enter it in manually.

So just put a random one in your action field. E.g.

Then highlight, copy, and paste it as plain text in a text editor. (Note, I had to put a couple extra characters there for it to highlight and copy properly.

For me, that dynamic value actually looks like {{176138600__locale}}

So, I changed ‘locale’ to the Prompt text I wanted. E.g. {{176138600__Content}}.

Pasted that back in the field…

It gives you a warning, but ignore it and Publish.

Then TADA! It should work

(Note, I don’t know how spaces and other characters are represented, so maybe just keep your prompts to one word or you may have to play around a bit more with what the formatting of the technical name of it is).

Cheers,

Craig

Userlevel 1

@CraigKennedy’s workaround worked for me. I can confirm it works with fields with spaces in them as well. For instance, I used a field that ended up looking like {{177829261__What would you like to call it?}}

@CraigKennedy  and @SethStevenson workaround worked for me!

My example was:

With a prompt of “What would you like the task name to be?

I then copied the ‘locale’ sample from a field, pasted into a notepad and then replaced it with the prompt name verbatim (spaces, question marks and all):

Zapier test - {{178560000__locale}}

into

Zapier test - {{178560000__What would you like the task name to be?}}

Note that this number is also present in the URL of the Zap being modified, if you’re having trouble with the copy-pasting:

@Tom Waller @CraigKennedy @SethStevenson 

Did you encounter the error of 

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

in the zap history? I guess it’s an exception while reading the input field, but it looks like it didn’t get it properly. I tried to do as you did, and even with very short prompts like what or content, it doesn’t work 😥

Any idea?

@Tom Waller @CraigKennedy @SethStevenson 

Did you encounter the error of 

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

in the zap history? I guess it’s an exception while reading the input field, but it looks like it didn’t get it properly. I tried to do as you did, and even with very short prompts like what or content, it doesn’t work 😥

Any idea?

Updating that I tried again the same today and now the workaround works properly, with spaces and punctuation too. Thanks!

Had same issue. Figured out the workaround but had to switch to pc cause my mac wouldn’t copy and paste into a text editor. Still, there should be more work put into fixing this bug. I was using alexa to add items to microsoft to do list with a zap. Easy. But I wanted to use Google assistant, and found out it was really difficult to get the prompt question inputs. Zapier staff really needs to fix this!