Best answer

Ninja Forms multiple checkbox field only sending single option over to Google Sheets

• 21 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey all,

We have Ninja Forms on our website connected to Google Sheets via Zapier, and it is working wonderfully except for passing data from fields that have multiple selectable options.

For example, a multiple checkbox field (in our case, select from multiple days - Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat), when more than one option are selected, only 1 of the options is passed onto Google Sheets.

As a realtime scenario - if i select Mon, Tue, Wed options in the field on the Ninja Forms side, it may only pass over Mon to Google Sheets. 

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any ideas?

Thanks!

Victor

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 October 2021, 02:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CircleRHR 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with an example of the issue, thanks.

Might also be worth checking if other related topics can provide guidance: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=ninjaforms

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the swift reply - I have attached the images of one of the multiple option fields in ninja forms from one of the submissions with all 3 selected, an image of the field in google sheets for the same submission showing only 1 of the options in the cell, and the zap config.

Any ideas/help

would be appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CircleRHR 

Notice the [0] that indicates the first selected item in the array.

If 2 items are selected you’ll see a data point has [1] for the second selected item in the array.

You’ll need to map either a different field that includes all of the options OR map each of the options to this field.

Hi Troy,

Ah I get you - thank you for the response, I’ll try it out shortly and get back to you with how I go :slight_smile: