Best answer

New files in Google Drive subfolders

Userlevel 1

I want to create a Zap between Google Drive and Email: when a new file is uploaded to a Google Drive folder, an email will be sent to me.

Problem is in that Google Drive folder, I have multiple subfolders, using for multiple uploaders. If I use Zapier for checking new files in the parent folder, is Zapier also checking the subfolders?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 April 2020, 13:03

Hi @Hung Thanks for your question!

Unfortunately it’s not possible to set up a Zap that triggers from subfolders in Google Drive. We do have a feature request open for this, but we’re not able to build it currently because it’s not possible with  the Google Drive the API (the bit of code that allows Google Drive to talk to other apps). I’ve added you to the feature request in case that changes in the future and we’ll able to add the optoin to trigger from files in subfolders. 

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Hung Thanks for your question!

Unfortunately it’s not possible to set up a Zap that triggers from subfolders in Google Drive. We do have a feature request open for this, but we’re not able to build it currently because it’s not possible with  the Google Drive the API (the bit of code that allows Google Drive to talk to other apps). I’ve added you to the feature request in case that changes in the future and we’ll able to add the optoin to trigger from files in subfolders. 

I have also the same set of requirements, where I have the name of my newly created folder and it contains multiple subfolders and I have to scan all google sheets in that subfolders.

Userlevel 1

I’d like this feature too. Please can you add me to the feature request, to be updated if this changes? Thanks! @Danvers 

Maybe a solution would be to use the Google API to scan the drive folder and find all sub folders.
Then use the zapier API to add a new zap for each sub folder found. @Danvers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have added everyone on this topic to our feature request that Danvers mentioned. Please note that this does not mean the feature will be built (as the API doesn’t allow it yet,) it just means that you’re expressing interest. Thank you all!

Userlevel 1

I have added everyone on this topic to our feature request that Danvers mentioned. Please note that this does not mean the feature will be built (as the API doesn’t allow it yet,) it just means that you’re expressing interest. Thank you all!

where can we see the feature request, its status and priority?

thanks

Please add me to the list of people who are interested in this feature. Is there a webhook workaround here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Judah Ferst I’ve added you to the list of interested users. I’m not sure if there would be a webhook workaround if the API doesn’t support this - if you do find a workaround we’d love to know!

@Jbmixed Feature requests are internal facing only, sorry about that. I can tell you that it’s currently marked as not possible due to the API of Google Drive not supporting the action. 

Any updates on this request? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Any updates on this request? 

Hello, the last update provided by Danvers is the last one we have which is why it’s marked as a Best Answer. Would you like to be added to the bug report to receive updates? @dd2mywork 

I’m also interested!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey @amnahashmi

I’ve added you to the list of interested users as well. We’ll be in touch by email to let you know if it becomes possible in the future! :)