Best answer

New Excel Spreadsheet Trigger?

• 30 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey All,

I need a new Excel Spreadsheet trigger, not a new worksheet within a spreadsheet.

A system dumps a new Excel Spreadsheet into a OneDrive folder each day and I want to take the daily data from that Excel sheet and place it into a master Excel Sheet where it charts trends, etc.

But no “New Spreadsheet” trigger? I see Google Sheets has an option for a new Spreadsheet trigger, but not Excel.

Any way to achieve what I’m after?

icon

Best answer by steph.n 6 October 2020, 06:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Good question - This would typically be down to the developers of the zap. This might be one to email Microsoft about…

Would you consider an alternative to Excel in the meantime: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/alternatives

Userlevel 1

Hello! Good question - This would typically be down to the developers of the zap. This might be one to email Microsoft about…

Would you consider an alternative to Excel in the meantime: https://zapier.com/apps/excel/alternatives

Unfortunately the machine only generates an excel file. It is extremely limited what can be done from the generation side. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @leem209 - I have put in a feature request for this on your behalf. That does a few things:

- Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
- Help track interest in this feature being implemented
- Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Userlevel 1

Thanks @steph.n 

I found MailParser.io is able to extract the required data from my email attachments. It’s really quite good! 

from there I can enter it into Zapier as a trigger and send that extracted data over to my central Excel file. 

Another step in the process and another account to manage but working so far, so good.