Best answer

Need to talk to a human - trouble setting up workflow

• 23 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi There,

I am having a hard time with the pass around from different support managers. The instructions I have been sent do not mirror the steps on your site in order to create a Zap. Emailing back and forth is not working and need real live support. Is there a contact number or a way to be contacted by someone? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 September 2021, 10:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AColon 

Zapier does not offer phone or live chat support, only support via email: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

If you need help, you can post your topic here.

Or consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @AColon, welcome to the Community!

I’m so sorry you’ve not had a great experience with our Support team. It looks as though you reached out to them as you’re having trouble setting up a workflow with VFPNext (which isn’t currently on Zapier) and are wanting to transfer new leads from either VFPNext/your website to Excel, correct?

I’m not very familiar with VFPNext, but for apps that we don’t currently have an integration with there are a few alternative ways that we can connect to them that you might want to explore:

Connect via Emails
If you’re able to get email notifications sent to you from VFPNext (or your website), whenever a new lead is added for example, then you could use Email Parser by Zapier to trigger a Zap on those emails and extract the lead information. You could then follow that up with an action like an Add Row Microsoft Excel action to add new leads to an Excel spreadsheet.

We have a template for that workflow which you can try here: Parse new emails with Zapier and add them to Excel Rows  

And you can find out more about using Email Parser here: How to Get Started with Zapier Email Parser 

Connect via third-party apps
Is your VFPNext CRM linked to another third-party app like Google Contacts for example? If so, you could set up a Zap that uses a Google Contacts New or Updated Contact trigger to see when new leads are added or updated in VFPNext, then you could use the Add Row Microsoft Excel action to add them to Excel.

If that’s a workflow you’d be interested in, you can try the template for it here: Add new or updated Google Contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet

Or if your website uses a form app like JotForm form to collect new leads then you could use a New Submission JotForm trigger in the Zap to trigger the Zap when a new lead fills out the form. We’ve got a template for sending new form submissions in JotForm to Excel you can try here: Add new JotForm submissions to Excel spreadsheet rows

You can see a list of the other form-related apps we currently support here: Forms & Surveys 

Connect via Webhooks
If VFPNext has a public API that you can get access to then you could use the Webhooks by Zapier app to connect to it. This option is a bit more advanced though so might not be the ideal route. That said, you can find out more about using webhooks in Zaps here:

The above are just examples of the different ways you can connect and the workflows you could potentially create. You can see the full list of apps that we currently connect with here: https://zapier.com/apps

And you can find out more about how Zapier works and how to create Zaps (automated workflows) here:

I hope that helps to get you headed in the right direction. Let us know if you have any questions! :)