Best answer

Need some help with a Jira Zap - creating a Jira "issue" type, from google sheets

• 9 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I use a very similar zap at the moment - where a new google sheet entry creates a Jira ticket. It works perfectly.

However, i want to use this for a new ticket type, and facing some issues.

The Jira ticket that i want it to create has about 20 fields, which i automatically populate using data gathered in the google sheet. This works perfectly for all the fields that are plain text fields, as the data just goes straight in.

However, where the fields in the Jira ticket are dropdown lists, or multiple choice, i cannot use the google sheet data to populate the fields.

The data in the google sheet is identical, and word-for-word the same, as the data in the drop down list in the jira ticket, however, when trying to test the zap, i get the attached error. From high level, it is saying that "Travel&Hospitality" cannot be passed, as the allowed fields are ... 17146[Travel&Hospitality]... etc". I tried doing a look up table so that it would enter "17146[Travel&Hospitality]" (word for word) into the field but that didn't work either.

Any ideas on how to get around this? Using data from the google sheet to create an issue in Jira that has drop down lists.

Thank you!!

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 13.39.23.png

icon

Best answer by BowTieBots 9 January 2020, 14:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@hugh_hopkins123 Try entering just the leading numbers.

"17146[Travel&Hospitality]" becomes -> 17146

It is also possible that the correct value you need to pass has nothing to do with the message being displayed.

Try reversing the process. Look up a ticket that has drop down values selected and see how they are returned to Zapier. Then use that value in your original Zap.

Userlevel 1

Amazing, thanks so much BowTieBots. Thats worked perfectly. Don't know why i didn't think of that originally!