Best answer

Need a Zap that Triggers an Action when I like a Youtube Video

• 7 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I need to make a Zap that Posts a Tweet with Video Image to Twitter when I like a Video on Youtube.

Currently there Zaps for Youtube do not have the Like Video as a Trigger.

Has this been done in a Recipe because I cannot find one ?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by jpot 9 July 2020, 19:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. Nice to meet you! 

I’m afraid the bad news is that it’s not currently possible for Zapier to trigger based on videos that you like. You can trigger based on adding a video to a playlist, which is something you can do in a couple clicks. I understand that’s not as simple as triggering based on likes, but it’s the closest thing we can offer right now. Sorry I can’t give you better news, but I hope this was helpful. 

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m switching from IFTTT.com to Zapier. In IFTTT is *IS* possible to trigger something when I like a video. So, was a bit disappointed that this is not possible with Zapier?

Any idea how we can get this to work in Zapier? How we can get Zapier to implement it?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We do have an open feature request for the option to trigger a Zap when you like a video on YouTube.

@SirMaxxi and @patrickmast  I’ve added you as interested users on that feature request, which lets the team know how people would like to see that addition and means that we’ll send you an email if there’s an update. 

Userlevel 1

We do have an open feature request for the option to trigger a Zap when you like a video on YouTube.

@SirMaxxi and @patrickmast  I’ve added you as interested users on that feature request, which lets the team know how people would like to see that addition and means that we’ll send you an email if there’s an update. 

Hello. Any news on this? Thanks! 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @patrickmast!

I’m afraid I don’t have any news on the status of this feature request. I can say that it currently does not have that many users requesting it, which will be one of the factors for the priority it is given. I don’t mean to dash your hopes but I feel like it’s better to have a realistic expectation. 

As a possible workaround, you could look into using a Zap that can trigger based on sending a YouTube link to it. It’s not perfect, but if you’re clicking like on a video you could also use the Share — Email feature, or some other shortcut to send an email. Then the trigger would be something like Email by Zapier.

Or, if you’re using Chrome on a computer you could use our Chrome extension, then it’s just a matter of adding the link and maybe a comment in the extension and that will get sent to Twitter.

Hope that helps get your wheels turning, on some possible workarounds.