Question

MySql update by custom query and Views as tables

• 7 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, For a project I seem to be running into limitations with the MySql integration with Zapier.

The first one is no having the option to run a custom query to update the database, because of that it takes about 10 steps to update my database instead of just one with the help of a stored procedure. I tried to use an update stored procedure with find row by a custom query but sadly it’s read-only.

secondly, I would love to do the same things with views as we currently can do with tables, so things like updating and selecting can take fewer steps.

Does anyone have tips?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jeff Thorns, welcome to the Community!

I’m afraid that I don’t have much experience working with MySQL myself. 

@satya and @BrightSun - I hope you don’t mind me mentioning you here - I know that you’ve both worked with MySQL and Zapier, do you have any tips that might help with this one? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Jeff Thorns just checking in - were you able to get this sorted out? Let us know - we’d love to hear how you were able to work around this if possible!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jesse  sadly it's a current limitation of zapier