Best answer

My zap that is supposed to send a mailchimp email from google docs isn't working

I have a google doc that I add people to in order to send them an email from Mailchimp welcoming them to my facebook group once we have collected their answers to questions. We have the field named column D Email address but it’s not instantly sending them as I look at the zap history. I just added four names and emails and nothing. 

I need someone to come along side and help me!

Thanks, 

Tanyare

icon

Best answer by Danvers 11 May 2020, 19:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

When you look at the zap history @Tanyare, what are you seeing. Are the zaps stopping at a certain step?

The zap history shows that the zaps are stopped but not where. My v.a. added a bunch of names (rows) with no emails in column D and I just went in and added the emails in column D but still did not see that these were sent emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Tanyare 

Click on one of the entries from the history tab and you’ll see a detailed view including where the zap was stopped.

I put in the email in the Column D
Reading about common problems with Google Docs and this is definitely one of them!

Image edited by a moderator to remove private information. Please remember that the Zapier Community is a public forum and remove all personal/private information from posts/images. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tanyare!

Looking at your screenshot, you can see that for all of the Google Sheets fields instead of their being a value, there’s something that looks like this {{12345678_Name of column}}. That means that when Zapier went to find the information, it wasn’t there. 

If you added the names without the email address, then the Zap will have been triggered on the new rows (whether or not the emails where there) and you’ll see the kind of error from your screenshot. 

If you’re using the trigger New Spreadsheet Row, then the Zap wont trigger again when you add the email addresses. If you use the trigger New or Updated Spreadsheet Row, then you can tell the Zap to trigger if the email address is added in the relevant column. I hope that helps!