Question

My Zap can't find sample data on Stripe

• 13 April 2020
  • 6 replies

My Zap can’t find an invoice in Stripe, even though I already made a new invoice to test the trigger. But still, it’s telling me that it cannot find an invoice. Can someone please help me with my Zap?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there!

Do you have a fairly recent invoice that was created in Stripe? Sometimes if it’s too far back, we’re not able to pull that sample in. Can you try creating a new invoice for the purpose of testing the trigger, just using some dummy info? Then once you've done that, try testing the trigger again :)

Hello!

I already made a new invoice. I’ve done it several times already but Zappier still can’t find the data. I also waited for at least 15 minutes before testing the trigger again but it still isn’t working..

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @futurefamousgroup I’m sorry that you’re still had some trouble testing the trigger of your Stripe Zap. 

It looks like there are some issues related to getting sample data for some triggers in Stripe. I’m going to escalate this post to our Support Team so that someone can take a closer look at your Zap to see if there’s anything we can to do to help in this case. 

Hi Danvers, 

Looking forward for any updates on this! Thanks so much! Oh and if there are any updates can you email and send it to this address [removed] thanks!

Hi @futurefamousgroup I’m sorry that you’re still had some trouble testing the trigger of your Stripe Zap. 

It looks like there are some issues related to getting sample data for some triggers in Stripe. I’m going to escalate this post to our Support Team so that someone can take a closer look at your Zap to see if there’s anything we can to do to help in this case. 

Personal information has been removed from this post by a moderator. Please don’t include private information in your posts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @futurefamousgroup, I replied to your email so that we can keep things moving there 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @futurefamousgroup ,

Circling back here as I see Lionel from Support offered the below suggestion to assist with pulling Stripe samples:

Within your Zap:
1. Skip Test for your Stripe sample
2. Set up the Zap with the test/fallback data
3. Switch the Zap on

4. Test by creating a new invoice in Stripe, see if the Zap triggers as expected (wait max 20 min)

Can you let us know if that did the trick or if you are still encountering any issues?