Best answer

My App is Not Available for a 'Transfer"!?! So How do I do that?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello again Community,

Veteran poster here (lol - it’s my 2nd post)

So I have spent months building zaps to transfer data from an SaaS website (Shop-Ware) into Airtable. Testing and more testing… and now, thanks to the help of a REAL veteran poster @Troy Tessalone, I’m DONE! I’ve cleared all of the ‘test’ data out of Airtable and we are ready to roll!!!

So I go over to ‘Transfers’ to transfer all of their ‘real’ data and the SaaS (Shop-Ware) app isn’t “available”.

I even called the SaaS company (Shop-Ware) and they had no idea what I was talking about (no real surprise there).

The funny part is that when I first started building the zaps, when I would “publish” them it gave me the option to ‘bring in all the data” from the app. Now that feature is gone and I don’t know what to do!

I even had the boss upgrade our zapier account so that we could transfer the data once we were ready. Now I feel like an idiot.

Anybody got any ideas here???

Thanks,

Mr. AUTORRARI.MAIN

icon

Best answer by jesse 1 June 2022, 00:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mr. AUTORRARI.MAIN 

Only a select number of popular Zap apps work as the trigger app for use in Transfers.

You’ll likely have to manually migrate existing data between the apps you are using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Mr. AUTORRARI.MAIN, I’m so glad to hear you’re ready to rock! And at the same time, I hear you’re running into a snag: the app you’re wanting to grab old data from does not get include Transfer support. 😔

You can request Transfer support for as many apps as you’d like, using this form: 

I can’t promise an ETA but this is the best way to surface your interest to our product team. Additionally, you can always view a list of Transfer-supported apps, here: https://zapier.com/help/create/other-functions/which-apps-does-transfer-support 

In the meantime, if you’re needing to grab existing data from Shop-Ware, if they have an option to export data, you might want to go that route and manually upload it into Airtable. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

“You can request Transfer support for as many apps as you’d like, using this form: “

Done… more than once! lol

“In the meantime, if you’re needing to grab existing data from Shop-Ware, if they have an option to export data, you might want to go that route and manually upload it into Airtable.“

Well, jesse, you might find this humorous, but I used to work for Shop-Ware. They got mad when I left! I know that because when I first started looking for the transfer I noticed it wasn’t available. So I contacted the guy who I knew had something to do with this. He got mad and said “you don’t work here anymore! And we’re NOT doing anything further with zapier!”

Now I KNOW that he was wrong because they had a “consultant” working with him today!!!

Anyway, while I can export some data, there is a lot I can’t get access to without you guys!

Thanks again for the bump!

Mr. AUTORRARI.MAIN