I am new to Zap and trying to configure simple scenario. My goal is reply all when new email comes into gmail account. Add PDF attachment from google drive while replying back. Here is what i did.
Added a trigger searching new email with domain rediffmail.com in Inbox only
Added Action to attach PDF from google drive
Added another action to reply back.
The workflow is working fine. The issues I have:
- The replies are sent multiple times (with 2 mins interval), keep on sending
- The thread mapping is changing the subject line while replying back, it is adding subject of thread which is mapped to. But, I don’t want to map it to a predefine thread as I don’t know what would be the subject of new email. But, I know domain name and user email IDs who send emails. This add confusion to end user when they get reply back with different subject name
Appreciate your help greatly.
Best answer by robschmidt
It seems your zap is looping, it happens because:
- Firstly, zapier triggers when your gmail receives email from rediffmail.com
- Secondly, when zapier replies to the thread, it somehow also newly appears again in the inbox (it can be confirmation message like “we have received your message, we will contact you”
- So, zapier then again takes the email > sends a reply > it again appears in the inbox …..
To manually check that if this is causing the issue, go to your gmail inbox type the search you configured in Zapier and monitor if anything new appears after first trigger
To prevent the looping issue, you can refer to this page: https://zapier.com/help/troubleshoot/behavior/zap-is-stuck-in-a-loop
In your case that can be:
- Add a unique email address in the CC when configuring email reply setting in Zapier
- At the 2nd action, add a filter to halt the zap when email contains that CC.