Best answer

Multiple instances of titlecase in FORMATTER

• 6 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Can you run several fields of data through the titlecase formatter? In other words, can I add a comma and do Name, Company and Address?

zapier titlecase.jpg in the same step?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 15 December 2019, 09:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great question Neila, It should work if you convert the comma separated list of items into line items, but really you'll just be adding more steps, so I'm not sure if you're trying to keep the task usage down or what the goal is here, but if you wanted the titlecase to happen all in one step here's how you'd have to do it:

1. Have or receive the list in comma separated format.
  2. Use Formatter > Utilities > Text to Line Item to convert the list to line items
  3. Use Formatter > Text > Transform/Titlecase to Title case your line items
  4. Use Formatter > Utilities > Line Item to Text to convert the line items back to a comma separated list.
  5. Do whatever else you wanted to do with the data.

Number 1 and 5 in the list above could be multiple steps/actions as you need.

Userlevel 1

The data is coming from Jotform, I believe as line items. I am trying to save steps/tasks. Is there a way to "sentence case" 5 fields at the same time? Or do I have to do each one separately? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@neilaschneider You could user a “Formatter-Utilities->Line Items To Text’ step to convert all the input to text at the same time, titlecase format the output of that, then separate it back into line items again.