Best answer

Multi-App Zap: Using Google Form responses to create a Google Doc with linked Trello Card

• 11 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to create a zap with the following steps:

• A Google Form response is received
  • A new Google Doc is created from a template
  • A Trello card is created that includes a link to the newly created Google Doc

The last step is what is giving me trouble. I have set up a zap that will create a new Google Doc with responses to a Google Form, then a Trello card will be created also using the responses from that Form. However, I cannot figure out how to ensure that the Trello card contains a link to the newly created Google Doc.

Does anyone have any advice?

icon

Best answer by BCAdmin 16 June 2020, 14:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @BCAdmin!

Have you tested the Google Docs step, in order to then have the fields that you need to map in later steps? If you skip it or add a later step without testing it at all, you won’t have the fields you need to map the link to Trello.

Can you double-check and make sure you’ve tested that Create Document from Template step for Google Docs?

Userlevel 1

Thank you Nick. The Create Document from Template step for Google Docs was working properly. The problem seemed to be with the links available from that step. The best I found was the embed link, which only linked to a preview of the newly created document, not an editable version.

I’ve solved it by adding a Find a Document step for Google Docs before the creation of the Trello card. While it’s not optimal, that step produces a direct link to the new Google document, which can then be pulled into the Trello card.

Seems to be working so far!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@BCAdmin that’s great news! Thank you for sharing how you solved this!