Best answer

How to retrieve all rows matching a specific parameter in a MS SQL database column with Zapier?

Userlevel 2

I’m using a Zap to retrieve data from our MS SQL database. I need the zap to retrieve every row that match a certain parameter in a specific column. For instance, I need every row that has invoice # 3511151 in the invoice # column of the table. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 8 June 2020, 17:23

View original

79 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @The Agents!

It’s not currently possible to find more than one row using the Find Row/Find Row using Custom query actions in the MySQL Zapier integration, sorry about that!

We do have a feature request open to for this and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

Userlevel 1

Hi we would like to vote to enable multiple rows. It’s really stupid to not allow for multiple rows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@devHC you have been added as another vote for this addition. As Danvers mentioned, you will receive an email if this functionality becomes a reality. 

And please add me as anther vote for this.  Typical application would be to sync/add multiple contacts information from a MySQL db with a Contacts service.

Gahhh add a vote from me, too, please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@raizz you have been added!

please add me too. thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @involved, I’ve added you as an interested user on the feature request 🙂 Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well. 

Its essential for pulling multiple row for reports, so yes please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Sankon - you have been added as an interested user!

No progress on this yet? Please add me to the feature reguest as well. 

Hi, this is essential to have not just for MYSQL but also Postgres. Please add my vote as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chris12312124 and @stir you’ve been as interested users as well :)

Please add my vote for this as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@SandsTabs you have been added to this request!

Userlevel 1

Please add too

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Dinozaur - Added you!

Get my vote in as well please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Vagludir - I’ve added your upvote for this feature request. Should it become available, you’ll be contacted directly via email. Thanks!

I could really use multiple rows as well. do you have an idea of when something like this might be available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected. By adding your vote, I was able to add some weight to the issue! 

I'm sorry I don't have a more definitive answer here, we’ll send you an email if we have any updates. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi there @The Agents I have an idea on how this can be "hacked” you could create a view using the FOR JSON

please read both articles I think you could find the trick.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/json/format-query-results-as-json-with-for-json-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5348/advanced-techniques-to-transform-relational-data-to-json-in-sql-server-2016/

then parse the JSON you get from Row/Find

Get my vote in as well please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Oscar Bradford - I’ve added you to that feature request. Thank you!

I’m interested in this feature too, please add me and also is it possible to suggest workarounds in the meantime?

e.g I have a VoIP product, and I want to send Top 10 users to our Slack channel. Currently it can only return the Top 1 user from the MySQL custom query...