Best answer

MS Dynamics error: trouble loading data - doesn’t have an action with type of read and action list_dynamic_campaign

Values in lookup fields throw error
dynamic 365

icon

Best answer by SamB 27 February 2024, 15:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tsaGrupo 

Good question.

Getting error on connecting to Dynamics

Check if your Microsoft Dynamics is self-hosted. At the moment, Zapier doesn't support self-hosted instances of Dynamics.

Help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-microsoft-dynamics-crm-zapier

If you still need help, you can open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone, my Dynamics 365 connection tests are coming out successful and still the choices are not loading into a zap field, please advise if you have any tips on troubleshooting.

TIA!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Arbor Memorial 

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for additional assistance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there! 👋🏽 I wanted to pop in and update the topic. It appears the original poster is being impacted by a known bug with Microsoft Dynamics. They’ve been added as an affected user and we’ll be sure to keep the topic updated once a fix is merged. 

I’ll also share a piece that could be helpful to other users stumbling on this. 🙂

It is not a required field, so you could turn the Zap on. You could even put an answer into that field - is it always the same answer? If you know what information Dynamics requires in this instance, you could type that into the field instead. You can do that by clicking "Custom" and then typing into the field. 

Hi there! 👋🏽 I wanted to pop in and update the topic. It appears the original poster is being impacted by a known bug with Microsoft Dynamics. They’ve been added as an affected user and we’ll be sure to keep the topic updated once a fix is merged. 

I’ll also share a piece that could be helpful to other users stumbling on this. 🙂

It is not a required field, so you could turn the Zap on. You could even put an answer into that field - is it always the same answer? If you know what information Dynamics requires in this instance, you could type that into the field instead. You can do that by clicking "Custom" and then typing into the field. 

thanks for the reply

In the same way, the error continues, detail the name of the record (campaigns) and it does not work, perform another test with the record id it does not work either.
It is a pity that the zapier support tells us that they do not have a date to solve the problem

Userlevel 1

Same issue.

I’ve tested using the name and the id of the lookup field data (in different tries) but it does not work

Userlevel 1

Workaround:

The correct way to identify the campaign is using ODATA style notation for N:1 relations

And it works!

Workaround:

The correct way to identify the campaign is using ODATA style notation for N:1 relations

And it works!

So, where do you get that link in dynamics, and how do you plug that into the zap? Thanks!!

Userlevel 1

how do you plug that into the zap:
Follow the procedure described by @christina.d up in this post.

where do you get that link in dynamics
To get the GUID of the campaign, just open the desired campaign in Dynamics 365 and copy the characters that follow campaignid= at the url of your browser. 

Thanks so much, we got it to work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, 

Just wanted to pop by to share that the bug report has since been closed. It should now be possible to load the list of available options in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM app dropdown fields without errors. 🎉🎉🎉

That said if you’re still running into these “trouble loading data” errors please do reach out in the Community or contact our Support team and we’ll investigate further! 🙂