Best answer

More powerful Zap Sharing is needed | currently Zap sharing is too limited

Userlevel 1
Badge

In my work I often need to share a a working zap with other people , customers.

the current sharing abilities are insufficient by far. 

First all Zap with Paths or custom built code cannot be shared and this is super time wasting and also problematic. 

Second some times when we use Get/pull command or customer code we want to port the full configuration in the sharing process and we do not want to re-edit each element of the zap. We should be able to decide whether not to share the zap config in addition to sharing the Zap skeleton.

Please add this capabilities  

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 April 2021, 17:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Paolon 

I’ve flagged this post so someone from the Zapier team can add your votes to these feature requests. I’m sure you’re not the only one to want these improvements… I can see how useful they’d be!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Paolon!

I agree with all of the things you said in regards to sharing Zaps. Adding those capabilities would also make our jobs easier, since when we shared a Zap it would be an exact copy of it. 

To echo what Troy said, simply asking for a feature or an improvement does not mean that it can or will be added. Of course we’d love to make all of the improvements that our users ask for, but that’s simply not practical with the sheer number of work there is to be done.

We have an upcoming change to the underlying technology for the Zap editor, which will bring some much-requested features around flexibility with Zap steps. I can’t say for certain whether Shared Zaps will change accordingly, I hope that these changes allow us to move in the direction you’re requesting.

Zap Sharing has come a LONG way since we first introduced it, and I’m confident that more improvements will be coming :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Paolon - thanks for sharing these requests! The best folks to send these to would be the Support team. They can be contacted here and can add you to an existing request or create a new one for these capabilities. 

I have sent this request to them, however will they act upon that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Paolon 

FYI: There are no guarantees that because a request was made/submitted that it will get acted upon as many factors  go into evaluating a request, such as priority, time, effort, cost, resources.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Paolon

I’ve flagged this post so someone from the Zapier team can add your votes to these feature requests. I’m sure you’re not the only one to want these improvements… I can see how useful they’d be!

thank you 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Paolon - thanks for sharing these requests! The best folks to send these to would be the Support team. They can be contacted here and can add you to an existing request or create a new one for these capabilities. 

i have written a follow up tiket to this one:

and i do not see it yet approved? what is going on? why they did not approve it yet? where can i see the status update please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Paolon - thanks for sharing these requests! The best folks to send these to would be the Support team. They can be contacted here and can add you to an existing request or create a new one for these capabilities. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Paolon!

I saw a reply of yours that was auto-marked as Pending, and I approved that yesterday or maybe Monday. Are you seeing what you previously could not see? I don’t see anything else that’s marked as spam or pending form my side.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Paolon!

I saw a reply of yours that was auto-marked as Pending, and I approved that yesterday or maybe Monday. Are you seeing what you previously could not see? I don’t see anything else that’s marked as spam or pending form my side.

no it was a new post on one drive i made it sunday 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Paolon!

Is it this one: 

Looks like a post about OneDrive and the response was on Sunday. That’s the one I remember moving from Pending :)