Best answer

Monitoring the connection of "My Apps"

• 1 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zapier community,

while I setting up and testing a new zap, a connection to one of the apps involved was lost, even though there were no changes whatsoever of any API Key. As a result no data could be sent to this app, as it is to be expected. The solution was running the “Reconnect” button under “My Apps”.

This situation left me wondering: is there any way to proactively monitor the connected apps, so that an eventual disconnection could be intercepted and fixed almost immediately? In this scenario, we wouldn’t have to wait for a zap to fail to become aware the disconnection.

Does anyone know if such monitoring can be implemented with the existing functionality?

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by Detox 6 April 2020, 12:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Detox - Thanks for writing in today! 

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu noticed that your question may need more details, and we felt the same way. So I’ve escalated your question to support to ensure we’re getting you the correct information based on your Zap. Please standby as we get that answer for you.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hello @steph.n ,

thanks for your reply.

A few more details: in our case, we were integrating Shopify with Knack through Zapier, and somehow while building the steps an authentication error on the Knack came up. There was no password or API Key change (that could trigger such disconnection), we just ended up clicking on “Reconnect” in “My Apps” and that did it.

Please consider a proactive monitoring of the authentication state from each App in “My Apps” for Zapier’s future roadmap, as this is vital for business-critical zaps. If one is notified only after a failed action, it means the required data-sync was not accomplished, and therefore requires manual intervention. One possibility would be through API, as discussed on this topic.

Best Regards

PS - I’ve also replied Andrew directly