Best answer

Monday.com Zap App Updates Please? (Detailed below)

• 6 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to set up a zap between Zoho form and Monday.com where leads are captured through Zoho form and a pulse (task/lead) is created in Monday.com.

Not only am I created the lead , I am also taking other attributes from the zoho form that the customer has completed and using those to populate columns for that lead in Monday.com.

My Zoho Form trigger is working perfectly and pulling through all the correct form data, however From a Monday.com action perspective an error keeps popping up about column types and that appears to be a problem (specifically with the 'Update Text Column Value' action event.

What's the issue?

1. Monday.com has two type of text columns that can be configured, one is simply called 'Text ' (ideal in Monday.com for short text responses, for example a client name), the other is called 'Long Text'. The 'Update Text Column Value' action event does not work on a 'Long Text' type column and the Zap errors out. (I have go it to work on the shorter 'Text' column but that is not an appropriate column for the data I need to capture/present back to stakeholders)
  2. While I am on it there is also another field in Monday.com called 'Location' that I would like to update and pull through data form the form but again that is also erroring out when I use the same 'Update Text Column Value' action evnet.

What's the ask?

How do I go about getting the 'Update Text Column Value' action event updated so that it can support the 'Long Text' & 'Location' column types and is it Zapier or Monday.com that help here?

Thanks

John

icon

Best answer by Danvers 9 March 2020, 12:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @John_J1! I hope you don't mind me repeating my email reply to you here, so that any other folks with the same question can see the answer...

Some app integrations are built by Zapier, though the majority are owned and maintained by the app team. In either case, you can contact Zapier to report bugs or ask for features and if the integration isn't owned by us, we will pass on your request to the team that does.

In this case, the team at Monday.com owns the Monday.com Zapier app and we do have open feature requests for both the option to update a long text and location column. I've added your vote for both of those, which lets the team at Monday.com know how many users are interested in the feature and also that we will send you an email if we have an update on that.

Userlevel 1

Perfect response, thank-you @Danvers .