Best answer

Monday.com - Get Columns Values action not finding existing items

• 21 January 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

When an update is made to a Monday item, I want to capture that and send a message to a discord channel.

The name of the discord channel is saved in a column in monday. I set a Monday “New Update in Board” trigger. This was tested and returns the Board ID and Item ID of the update.

The next action is a Monday “Get Columns Value”. I pass in the Board ID and Item ID from the trigger but I get an error:

There is then nothing that appears in the Column select dropdown.

If I change Board ID to be non dynamic and keep Item ID dynamic, then I can get the columns to show up:

The test then returns an error:

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 January 2022, 09:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out about this, @Rob_geekopolis! :)

I did some digging and it appears you’re running into a recently discovered bug with the Monday.com integration. So I’ve added you to the list of affected users on the bug report. I can’t give any promises as to when this will be fixed by but we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it is! 

Userlevel 1

How long ago is recently discovered?

We are having the exact same issue across multiple zaps and submitted a support ticket about an hour ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Rob_geekopolis! It looks like this bug was reported within the last 48 hours. 

Ah, appreciate you letting us know, @Jeremy Rose. I went and added you to the list of impacted users. As soon as we have news to share, we’ll send those updates via email!

Hi @christina.d,

We are facing the same issue. 

Are there any news? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @DennisKollmar.

I’ve got you added to that report as well. While we don’t have any updates to share at the moment, we’ll be sure to keep you and this thread in the loop once we know more. 

Hi @christina.d , 
we are also affected by the same bug and it affects morethan 10 zaps.
I have created a ticket now regarding this issue.
Is there any update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Shyam!

Unfortunately I don’t have any updates to share on this at the minute. I can see that our Support team have already added you to this issue so we’ll be in touch by email as soon as we have any updates. :)

Can I please be added to the affected users list? Would like to set up a zap using this asap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @AbleTo BH! We appreciate you letting us know.

You’ve been added to that report. While I don’t have a time frame to offer at the moment, we’ll absolutely send an email once a fix is in place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all!

I wanted to keep the thread updated and let ya’ll know a fix has been merged and this should be working now! 🎉

If you’re still experiencing an error, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our amazing friends in support. They’ll be happy to pull logs and dig a bit further for you. 

Thanks for your patience!