Best answer

Missing Data from Salesforce

• 12 April 2021
  • 3 replies

There are several data points from my salesforce contacts which I can not select when setting up my zap. For example I would like to select "Account Name"

to be the Company name when adding a salesforce contact to mailchimp. Yet "Account Name" does not appear as an option (see screen shot). 

There are also several other missing data points which are in salesforce but do not appear as option when trying to set up a filter. I have tried refreshing the data / starting setting up the zap from scratch several times with no luck. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 April 2021, 18:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sam2012 

Try scrolling and/or searching in the list of returned data points to map.

The Account ID is returned, which could be used in a Salesforce Find Record step to get the Account Name.

Also, make sure to reference the available help articles for Salesforce’s Zap app integration: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sam2012 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Instead of doing a secondary step in the Zap to lookup the account name (extra steps), I have a custom formula field in the Contact record that returns the account name as text which can be reference from the contact record data in the initial trigger.  I find this useful for other areas too, like email fields and using Flows or process builder. I also use this in other records like Case.

Field: Account Name (Account_Name__c)

Account.Name