Best answer

Microsoft Dynamics 365 - 401 error when connecting account to Zapier

• 1 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Dear community,

We are trying to connect our Dynamics 365 (Sales & Marketing - Cloud) environment to Zapier.
When creating a Zap, we are constantly getting a ‘Got 401 calling GET https://disco.crm4.dynamics.com/api/dicovery/v9.0/Instances, triggering auth refresh.’

With several other Dynamics 365 environments that run on the same version (9.2.2xxx) there is no problem at all. We've allready reviewed all our Azure AD configs, added several additional licenses & security roles but nothing seems to solve this issue.

Any toughts, experiences or guidance on this?

I would be for ever greatful! Best Regards

icon

Best answer by christina.d 20 September 2022, 23:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BPI 

Getting error on connecting to Dynamics

• Our integration currently works with v8 and v9 of the Dynamics REST API.
    If you're using an older or newer version (9.1 or greater), you will not be able to connect to Zapier.
    If you use a newer version of Dynamics, please contact Zapier support so we can register your interest.
  • We don't support self-hosted instances of Dynamics yet.
Userlevel 1

Hi @BPI 

Getting error on connecting to Dynamics

• Our integration currently works with v8 and v9 of the Dynamics REST API.
    If you're using an older or newer version (9.1 or greater), you will not be able to connect to Zapier.
    If you use a newer version of Dynamics, please contact Zapier support so we can register your interest.
  • We don't support self-hosted instances of Dynamics yet.

Hi Troy, thank you for your reply.

We allready connected Zapier succesful with an 9.2.2 environment, it works fine with this newer version.

With this BPI environment that runs on the same version it's giving this error message. Kinda strange??

I've submitted my request several times with support, hope it will help..

Regards Remco

@Troy Tessalone - this response that you have provided regarding Dynamics is not correct. I can connect to a 9.2.2 environment. I have two other environments that I need to connect to and they are the same version and I am getting this error now.

We don't seem to have been given access to your dynamics instance. Please try again.

This is a new message because it used to be

Got 401 calling GET https://disco.crm4.dynamics.com/api/dicovery/v9.0/Instances, triggering auth refresh.

How do I get support on this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tawni 

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Are there any updates on this? 
Is zapier working on updating the connector to accomodate ms dynamics users?
These updates are pushed automatically by microsoft leaving us with no choice and now no connection

@Troy Tessalone 

Hi Troy,

We are also experiencing the same issue and a lot of other users in Australia are. Both on the west coast and east coast

Will Zapier be providing a fix for this?

Surely 1 month is a bit long for this to be fixed

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EmmaEmergo and @ScrossWA 

Best would be to open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as noticed that @BPI reached out to our Support team and were added as an affected user on an existing bug report for this issue with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration. I’ve added @Tawni@EmmaEmergo and @ScrossWA to the bug report as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s resolved.

For anyone that comes across this closed thread and may be running into this issue, please reach out to our Support team. They’ll be able to look into your Zaps and add you to the bug report if you’re being affected also. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, I wanted to swing by and and mention this bug has been closed on our end! 

If you’re still running into this error feel free to open a ticket with my friends in support and they’ll be happy to dig into this further with you. 🙂