Best answer

Managing duplicate contacts (infusionsoft)

• 9 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Question about Zapier & Infusionsoft

We need to integrate Thinkific and Infusionsoft and exploring Zapier.

Currently when Thinkific moves a contact into Infusionsoft (through the Thinkific standard integration setup), if there are multiple contacts with the same email address in Infusionsoft, Thinkific find a contact with the same email address and simply overrides that contact info in Infusionsoft with the new contact info coming in from Thinkific.

Even if the first name is different.

We need to set set it up so that it checks the email AND first name, and:

1. If it finds a match, it can link/over-ride that contact​ in Infusionsoft​​​​​​
  2. if it does NOT find a match, it creates a new contact (with the same email address but different first name) inside Infusionsoft

We do not use Zapier yet, but was wanting to understand if it is possible to manage this level of detail within a Zapier “Zap” or not?

Thanks

Comment

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 12 August 2020, 20:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @skyboy!

If you’re finding that the first search isn’t quite accurate enough, you could add a second check into the mix.

I’m thinking you could add a Formatter — Numbers — Spreadsheet-Style Formula step, doing something similar to what this video shows: 

It’s a video from when our interface looked a little different but I think you’ll still get the idea :)

So you’d do the search as you have it, then see if the names match using the spreadsheet-style formula. Then you could add Paths (one for when there IS a match, in which case you overwrite it, and the other for when there’s no match, in which case you create a new contact). Instead of Paths you could also create 2 separate Zaps, each with their own filter (one for when there’s a match and one for when there isn’t).

I realize this isn't super straightforward, so if anything is unclear or you have questions please don't hesitate to ask!