Best answer

Make DocuSign trigger on multiple signatures on the single document?

• 26 September 2020
  • 57 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi .. Im new with zapier, working on an integration between docusign and monday.

the action is simple:

the Trigger = Docudesign.

the action = taking place in a MONDAY board.

the Task = Im working on workflow approval process with 4 signers in Docsign. I need the following

change a  status in Monday’s item every time someone place his signature on docucument  (envelope) in docusign. check the attached image.

Would you help in this ??

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 February 2024, 13:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

57 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I second this request - particularly being able to assign more than ONE signer to a single document. Sucks that we can’t do this. I emailed Zapier support and Leo told me it is added to Zapier’s road map but no ETA. Hoping if more people start looking for this, it will expedite the process.

Userlevel 1

That’s really unfortunate that something I saw so many people asking for was never added. I guess since you apparently make money by connecting people with “experts” to develop automation when you don’t have a canned solution, you really don’t have an incentive to give people what they are asking for.

Anyhow, after I posted my request, I continued Googling and came across Make.com and with a little trial and error I was able to automate the whole process myself with no experience in just a couple of hours… I even figured out some other things I could do to make my process even better than I anticipated. I guess I’ll go with them…

Thanks for responding. 

Userlevel 1

We agree, ESENTIAL feature needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @alani!

I’m not 100% familiar with Docusign, but would the Envelope Sent or Completed trigger work here? My understanding is that an envelope is completed when it’s signed, is that right?

If that’s the case, then you’d likely need to set up some filters so that the Zap would only continue to run if certain conditions were met (eg the name of the envelope). I hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Flyhomie and @usrec

Happy to confirm that you’ve both been added to the list of users interested in this feature request. We’ll email you as soon as we have an update on this! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @RHC, thanks for your message and I’m sorry that this is impacting your business in this way. 

I can see that you’ve been added to the feature request so we’ll send you an email when that feature request has been added. We’ll also updated this thread in the Community. 

Userlevel 1

Please add me to this feature request.

Userlevel 1

Not being able to get multiple signatures defeats the whole purpose of the Zap, amazed it was built his way, useless without the agility for Multiple Signatures

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well.  Spousal signatures (2) and a CC are critical features.  Thank you!

Userlevel 1

I would also like to be added to this feature request. This functionality is crucial for the automated process we’ve setup to work. Without it, we can’t use the process we were hoping to have.

Sadly, the workaround to creating an additional signature request doesn’t work for us (and I imagine others as well) since it will create separate DocuSign envelopes with different signatures on each one that have to then be downloaded and complied into a single pdf for our Compliance team to then approve and share with all of the signers.

Really need Zapier to provide multiple signer roles using a single DocuSign template. I know ETA’s are really hard to provide since it’s all based on the amount of people requesting the feature, but is there any sort of ballpark number that could be provided?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @armps25 and @Patrick B.

Happy to confirm that I’ve added your votes to that feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as that feature request has been implemented. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback, @TMFF. It’s heard, valued, and I can imagine the frustration of not having this work how you envisioned.

In the interest of full transparency, the Docusign app is owned and managed by a team of their developers. We’re happy to collect feedback and pass it along on our users behalf, however timelines for when and if feature requests are implemented is up to our partner.

While I absolutely understand this isn’t a solution to your concerns, I truly do hope the context helps. Ultimately, I am glad to see you were able to find something that suits your needs!

Thank you again for reaching out and let us know if there’s ever anything we can help with down the line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @rdk21 ,

Thanks for reaching out- I see Leo added you to this feature request. You’re correct, the more folks who are interested in a request, the more likely it is to go into production. 

That being said, since this looks possible via API, a Zapier-Certified Expert could possibly build this for you. Check out our Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts/. Hoping that helps!

Userlevel 1

Can I also be notified when this is avaialable please? The intergration is completely useless without this tbh.

Userlevel 1

Hey @usrec

I can totally understand the urgency, I know how useful it would be to be able to send a signature request out to multiple email addresses. We will be in touch as soon as we have any updates to share on this.

In the meantime, the only workaround I can think of here would be to add additional “Create Signature Request” actions to your Zap for each required signature. I realise that this isn’t an ideal solution but may be helpful while it’s not possible to send a signature request to multiple signatures.

This won’t work since each request will be for a different envelope. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @alani - Stepping in for Danvers here. It looks like the current integration only allows one signature per doc to occur and trigger off of. I think the hold here is that you need 4 signatures per single doc, which our current abilities does not provide. I’ve gone ahead and added you to this feature request. We’ll send you an email once we have an update to share. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for reaching out @Alec - LFG and @haron1100. Your votes have both been added to that feature request! While we don’t have a definitive time frame regarding implementation, we’ll keep you and this thread updated as soon as we know more. 

Userlevel 1

Many thx @steph.n 

the most important feature is to ask the developers   to make an instant response in Docusign triggers and actions. 

If  integrations with DocuSign are instant, it is easy to overcome the above problem by using (Zapier Storage).

Your Kind answer is highly appreciated (Docusign Instant Trigger/Action). :pray_tone1:

Userlevel 1

This is so needed NOW. Only one signature is ridiculous 

Userlevel 1

As a law firm, this is a very big problem we’re also encountering… Instead of sending 1 envelope with 4 signature requests and the data carrying over, it is sending 4 separate envelopes costing 4 times the amount. This idea of a “send a signature request” rather than “send an envelope” was a very basic oversight by Zapier and/or DocuSign.

And to see the this thread is recent with little to no update makes us that much more disappointed, and left thinking you’re actually doing nothing.

Please notify us when this is fixed because having spent some $1,400 for an annual plan, it isn’t until we’ve spent thousands of dollars and countless hours putting it all together to find this basic feature isn’t available. :rage:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @nvavratx, I’ve added you to that feature request, thanks!

@AgentASAP add me as well please

The docusign integration is great, but multiple signers are required in my case–probably most cases really. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TMFF!

I’m afraid that that feature request is still unresolved and there’s not a way to add multiple signatories using the Docusign Create Signature Request action. Sorry I don’t have better news for you on that! I have added you as an interested user on the feature request, which means that we’ll email you if anything changes. Thanks!

Please add this feature!! In one single form, we could collect all new client data, send a docusign that goes to the client, and then automatically forwards to the veterinarian. This would be a GAMECHANGER!! Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Steven Basham, I’ve added you to the list as well.

We’ll notify you by email once this becomes possible! :)