Best answer

Make DocuSign trigger on multiple signatures on the single document?

• 26 September 2020
  • 57 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi .. Im new with zapier, working on an integration between docusign and monday.

the action is simple:

the Trigger = Docudesign.

the action = taking place in a MONDAY board.

the Task = Im working on workflow approval process with 4 signers in Docsign. I need the following

change a  status in Monday’s item every time someone place his signature on docucument  (envelope) in docusign. check the attached image.

Would you help in this ??

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 February 2024, 13:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

57 replies

Userlevel 1

Please add me to this feature request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @armps25 and @Patrick B.

Happy to confirm that I’ve added your votes to that feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as that feature request has been implemented. :) 

Userlevel 1

I’ve seen multiple posts about this over a year ago but it seems there hasn’t been any solution. Just checking if there is any developments before I try to find another solution.

I am trying to use data from calendly bookings to send out an engagement letter to multiple parties scheduled to attend a mediation. It seems the DocuSign end of it can only handle one signer/recipient. Any work around or advice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TMFF!

I’m afraid that that feature request is still unresolved and there’s not a way to add multiple signatories using the Docusign Create Signature Request action. Sorry I don’t have better news for you on that! I have added you as an interested user on the feature request, which means that we’ll email you if anything changes. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

That’s really unfortunate that something I saw so many people asking for was never added. I guess since you apparently make money by connecting people with “experts” to develop automation when you don’t have a canned solution, you really don’t have an incentive to give people what they are asking for.

Anyhow, after I posted my request, I continued Googling and came across Make.com and with a little trial and error I was able to automate the whole process myself with no experience in just a couple of hours… I even figured out some other things I could do to make my process even better than I anticipated. I guess I’ll go with them…

Thanks for responding. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback, @TMFF. It’s heard, valued, and I can imagine the frustration of not having this work how you envisioned.

In the interest of full transparency, the Docusign app is owned and managed by a team of their developers. We’re happy to collect feedback and pass it along on our users behalf, however timelines for when and if feature requests are implemented is up to our partner.

While I absolutely understand this isn’t a solution to your concerns, I truly do hope the context helps. Ultimately, I am glad to see you were able to find something that suits your needs!

Thank you again for reaching out and let us know if there’s ever anything we can help with down the line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks,

Just wanted to swing by here with a quick update to share that the feature request to allow multiple signatories per Signature Request was recently implemented by the Docusign team. 😁🎉

In case you missed the notification about this here’s the key information from that email that you need to know:

“I've got good news – this new update from Docusign has added that feature! Here is what they had to say about the new feature:

• "Version 1.3.3 deprecates the "Create a Signature Request" action in favor of the more advanced "Send Envelope using Template" action.
  • Previous zaps using the Create a Signature Request action will continue to work, however new zaps starting from 1.3.3 will not be able to access it.
  • Send Envelope Using Template creates signature requests, however it adds a few powerful features.
  • Add multiple recipients Version 1.3.3 leverages the power of Docusign's template roles.

To add multiple roles to an action, we should make sure our template roles are set correctly. Zapier will map each role in a template and create custom inputs, allowing an envelope to be sent to each role as an recipient. This keeps consistency across multiple recipients and role types. When configuring multiple roles is Docusign, the Name and Email fields should be left blank along with any custom tabs that will be updated dynamically from Zapier. Once the roles are set, the recipient inputs will dynamically populate and map to them. Data from a previous step such as a CRM will pipe to the roles to send to multiple recipients.”

Thank you all for your patience on this. If you run into any issues on that at all please to reach out in the Community and we’ll be happy to assist. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡