Best answer

Mailchimp Subscriber change, but just one specific field

• 4 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

The Mailchimp Rating is the field I’m concerned about. It that changes, I want to send the updated value to Salesforce, to update the same field on the contact in Salesforce. Having a hard time figuring out how. I just got a zap going for when a member unsubscribes. That seems to be working. Help, please!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 15 June 2020, 20:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @PD_10K! You could use the MailChimp Updated Subscriber field, but the drawback with that is that it will trigger the Zap whenever any field is updated, not just the rating. 

We do have a feature request for the ability to choose which field will trigger the Zap and I’ve added you as an interested user to the request. We use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers 

Thanks for the info and for adding me to that feature request.

As a test, I opened emails and clicked links to get my Mailchimp rating to go from 3 to 5, but nothing triggered over to Salesforce.

My “Unsubscribe” zap is definitely working. I just unsubscribed myself and the zap fired. I can see on my contact in Salesforce that I’m now unsubscribed.

Any thoughts on my problem zap?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Danvers 

Thanks for the info and for adding me to that feature request.

As a test, I opened emails and clicked links to get my Mailchimp rating to go from 3 to 5, but nothing triggered over to Salesforce.

My “Unsubscribe” zap is definitely working. I just unsubscribed myself and the zap fired. I can see on my contact in Salesforce that I’m now unsubscribed.

Any thoughts on my problem zap?

Thanks!

Hey there, I’m stepping in for Danvers. I understand that you reported your Zap not working. Let’s work together to resolve this!

I’ve created a support ticket on your behalf and replied to you. Please respond with the requested information and our team will investigate further what could be the cause. Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @PD_10K ,

Circling back here as I see you have been working with Edcel in Support on this and, as Member Rating within Mailchimp is not currently an available Trigger, they have added you to an open feature request. 

We don't have an ETA for this but rest assured you will be notified if it becomes available! If you have any additional questions, please let us know- always happy to help!