Best answer

Looking for help with "Use Custom Value"

• 17 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I understand "Use custom Value" is intended for conditional logic but I am wondering if it can somehow be used like a normal Zapier field?

I have a Zap from Google Sheets to Calendar. I have a column in the spread sheet for "All Day Event" with Values either "Yes" or "No".

In Zapier, the options for Make Calendar Event All Day are "Yes", "No", "Use Custom Value". Is there anyway to make the value pull from the value in that column of the spreadsheet?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 17 February 2020, 22:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Shawn_L

Yep - if you've got the Yes/No value for that field in a Google Sheet then you can "Use Custom Value" and map it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you Andrew. For some reason when I do that, I get an error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ok @Shawn_L

Can you send a screenshot of how you have the step setup and also of the error message you're getting?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes. I seem to have caused my Zap to crash now for some other reason. So I am getting a different error message. As soon as I resolve that one I'll post. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Shawn_L! Just wanted to check in on how you’re doing here. Let us know if you were able to get things resolved!