Question

Linking Google Sheets to Insightly Projects

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Zap that creates a copy of a Google Sheet (and renames it) when we convert and Opportunity to a Project in Insightly. This is great, but I have a one more step I’d love to automate that I can’t figure out.

In Insightly, you can link a Google Sheet to a Project in the “Related” tab under Files. There is a Google Drive button and you just search for your file and link it. Is there a way to do this through Zapier?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gregsnyder 

Do you see the desired field available in the Insightly Zap app integration actions? Create Record, Update Record

If yes, then you should be able to provide the GSheet link value.

If no, then you may have to use a different custom field in Insightly to provide a link to the desired GSheet.

The process in Insightly isn’t just filling a field, it’s looking up a file in Drive and connecting it, so I don’t imagine it would function in Zapier in the way you’re suggesting. Perhaps this just isn’t a function Zapier can do (yet).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gregsnyder If you add an Insightly Custom Field that should be able to use be used by the Zap to upload a link to the GSheet from the GDrive.

FYI: Most Zap app integrations are created and maintained by the app developer, rather than by Zapier, altho I am unsure who manages the Insightly Zap app integration, but it’s common that only the most popular endpoints (capabilities) are exposed via their Zap app integration.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @gregsnyder, just wanted to check in on this post, hope you’re well!

Were you able to get things working with the info from Troy?

If this doesn’t work as desired we could look into making sure there is a feature request filed with Insightly asking for the functionality. They would be in charge of adding the feature if possible, but we can help track user interest in different features for their team. :)