Best answer

Zoom - troubles with "Invalid parameter: country" error

• 11 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have issues with setting up my zap LinkedIn Lead Gen form - Zoom. When i set up the action Country/region (required) and i test the test it i receive an error on the Country/region action. The information has been pulled from LinkedIn and the test information is shown when choosing the action - but it wont through the test.

How come is that? 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 11 May 2021, 16:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Dinesen 

Zoom uses country abbreviations. A list of abbreviations can be found here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/other-references/abbreviation-lists

You may need to create a lookup table to translate the values. As a next step in troubleshooting, I would try to manually put in DK instead of Denmark and see if the test goes through successfully

Userlevel 1

Hi @Dinesen 

Zoom uses country abbreviations. A list of abbreviations can be found here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/other-references/abbreviation-lists

You may need to create a lookup table to translate the values. As a next step in troubleshooting, I would try to manually put in DK instead of Denmark and see if the test goes through successfully

Thank you, very helpful. 

I have 6 different countries i need to add to the lookup table - so guess i cant just insert Denmark manually as multiple needs to be in it? 

Also where in Zap should i insert the Lookup? I have added it after my Trigger (LinkedIn Lead Gen Form) and before my Action (create new registration in zoom). Is this correct or do i need another step? 

I appreciate all your help, thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Correct. It would go in between the steps and then the output from the lookup table would go in the last step. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Dinesen 

It looks like whatever the country you’re getting from LinkedIn is - it’s not in the format that Zoom requires. Can you show us some sample data from LinkedIn?

Userlevel 1

@Dinesen

It looks like whatever the country you’re getting from LinkedIn is - it’s not in the format that Zoom requires. Can you show us some sample data from LinkedIn?

it looks like it pulls out the country in test fine (Denmark). By sample data do you mean as shown below? 

Userlevel 1

Correct. It would go in between the steps and then the output from the lookup table would go in the last step. 

Perfect, thank you for your help. Got it to work. 

Appreciate it.