Best answer

Line items to Airtable

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I am trying to send line items from the lineitemizer Utilities Formatter app to several rows in Airtable (or Google Sheets if Airtable doesn’t work).

I brought all the items into an appended group but I can’t figure out what’s wrong and why it’s only copying arrrays in one cell/row. 

Basically the objective is to do that: https://zapier.com/blog/formatter-line-item-automation/

here is what I have: lineitemizer

result is (which I am happy with)

Airtable action:

failed:

Help!
thanks

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 19 May 2021, 02:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @nickalus ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry you are running into this issue with these line items! I am escalating this to Support so they can take a close look here. 

Sit tight and they’ll be in touch just as soon as they can!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @nickalus!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that our Support team had sent you. Did you still need help here or have you managed to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Also having the same issue on this. Is there a known workaround or fix for this? Any solutions to try? Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @misterk ,

Sorry you are running into this! I see you have a note in with Support- they will be in touch just as soon as they can to look at your configuration and troubleshoot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey updating with the solution here:

Paolo here from Zapier! Happy to help advise on the community question you've posted.

In this case, the line itemizer output looks correct. It just so happens that the Airtable create record step doesn't support line items yet hence the data is saved as a flattened string of text.

Create an Airtable create record action that supports line items is something other users have asked for and is currently logged as a Feature request. What I've done is added your vote for this Feature request.

What this does is:

- Re-raises the Feature request
- Adds weight to the request (the more "votes" we get the better)
- Allows us to reach out to you immediately if the functionality becomes available

I don't have an ETA on when this might happen but we do use the lists when we're working on app updates. As we have your email logged as a vote there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

As for an alternative, the Google Sheet integration has the Create Spreadsheet Row(s) action that can handle those line items and save them onto separate rows. You could create this Zap first then have another Zap that triggers from the new rows created onto the Google sheet and saves those rows individually as new records in the Airtable.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to message anytime. Always happy to be of assistance!

Is there any update to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Fogarty_Services!

The feature request is still outstanding, meaning that it has not yet been implemented. Your vote has been added as an interested user. This means that you’ll receive an email notification when it gets added.

are we anywhere on this yet?

+1 asking for this feature.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@michaellebow I have added you to this request so you will receive any updates via email!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @michaellebow@frexxo@Fogarty_Services@misterk@nickalus 

Try using the Looping app to handle line items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

+1 asking for this feature.  Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@xchicoine 

Try using the Looping app to handle line items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Userlevel 2

@Liz_Roberts could you please add me to this feature list as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@helenmerlin 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

MOD NOTE: I’m going to close this thread, since the prevailing advice is now to use our new Looping by Zapier built-in app. Help docs here.

This is not to say that we don’t still want to record the feature request for Airtable to support line items, because we absolutely do.

To add your vote...

You can use this shortcut to bring you directly to the step in the contact form where you search for the app you want to contact Support about ;)